Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh. Yeah, most kids aren't 5* players, though a lot them are in their own mind.

Weber would most likely redshirt at OSU. And then he'd move into the two-deep in 2016 behind Samuel, assuming Elliot goes pro after next season...and that's based on nothing. If Elliot stays, he's still in the rotation -- then in the two-deep as a redshirt sophomore. UFM is starting to get the depth at positions that comes with 3 or 4 good classes in a row, so it's going to be a bit silly for any true frosh to come in and play right away unless it's at a position that is still "under-recruited" like, say, MLB or WR. RB is not under-recruited.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Brionte Dunn?

Comment

• He had 47 yards against Wisky! I have to confess, the details of the 4th quarter are hazy at best (I just read that OSU had a FG blocked and thought, oh, yeah)....but I do remember Dunn getting in and putting in some nice work. He's also been really good on special teams according to the people who coach special teams. Whatever.

But he'll be a junior next season. So, he won't keep Weber from playing for any longer than his redshirt frosh season. And, actually, I would expect Dunn to get some carries when Elliot leaves and it's Samuel and Dunn.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nice pipeline. I miss the days when Michigan had one.

Speaking of, I recall reading out there that the only two Michigan assistants not yet let go were Nussmeier and Mattison. Is this the first time in forever that Fred Jackson isnt formally employed by the school?

Comment

• I read last week that he believes he will be coaching next season somewhere else.

Hold Mattison for the first year in order to run the D as Meyer has done successfully everywhere he has coached, flush the rest down the toilet and start over.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• There is a better chance that Harbaugh comes to Michigan than Mattison staying now that Hoke, his best friend, is gone.

Comment

• All of this hand wringing ends withy the right coach.

Comment

• I agree with Stan. Although if it's Harbaugh, and that's what he wants to do, they all came up together and there very well may be a relationship there. Mattison and the Harbaughs obviously both share a Great And Deep Respect For Brady Hoke.

But I'd think it more likely that Harbaugh has his own ideas, and I'm fine with that. Mattison's defense didn't impress me all that much save for in 2011 when he turned things around so fast. Helped a lot to have Martin and RVB.

Comment

• Does anyone know how highly ranked michigans DEcommit class is? They've had something like 6 top 150 dudes Decommit.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Don't worry dude, you'll get some recruits even if they are "2 stars".

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        Nice pipeline. I miss the days when Michigan had one.

Speaking of, I recall reading out there that the only two Michigan assistants not yet let go were Nussmeier and Mattison. Is this the first time in forever that Fred Jackson isnt formally employed by the school?
                        I think it is. 23 years at UM. During the Brandon Purge, I'm amazed he wasn't let go. He was rumored to be retiring last year but stayed on I guess. For what, who knows.

In the recruiting department I've lost track of whose decommitted. Some help from WM might help. Whatever, it is a big hit and part of the transition cost. IMO, the only guy that might recoup some of those losses before NSD is Harbaugh. Mora or Pinkle aren't going to do it if one of those two is the guy. Neither are any of the spready guys in the mix gonna pull them back At least on the offensive side.

The rest of the conference teams are going to feast for a couple of years, maybe more, insuring the continued suck for M football. Thanks Lloyd, Brady and Dave. I hope you are all happy with yourselves.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You're overrating the recruiting cost. You'll find some good players. The most important part is getting a good coach and a good staff. As much as your recruiting classes have been hailed, you have not seen much on the field. Not even much in the way of raw tools.

I'm sure there is some player development issues, but that part is also overrated. You have to get a coach who is good at player evaluation, you haven't had that in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Don't worry dude, you'll get some recruits even if they are "2 stars".
                            If it's Harbaugh or a high successful current college coach, I doubt that we'll have to settle for 2 star guys.

Comment

• No doubt, just the point is the star system is not the end all be all. You guys have gotten a lot of 4 star recruits and 5 star recruits the last 10 years and they haven't done much.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                You're overrating the recruiting cost. You'll find some good players. The most important part is getting a good coach and a good staff. As much as your recruiting classes have been hailed, you have not seen much on the field. Not even much in the way of raw tools.

I'm sure there is some player development issues, but that part is also overrated. You have to get a coach who is good at player evaluation, you haven't had that in a long time.
                                I'm not overrating anything. If you had been associated, as an ardent fan, with Michigan football for anywheres near as long as I have, you would understand the depth of the problems with M's football program.

Moreover, your comment is nothing more than stating the obvious. What is a "good coach?" By most measures M just wen through two of them. Player development? None of us have a clue except we know what we see on the field. Is it injuries, is it not a great player to start with, is it bad coaching in practice, is it bad game day coaching or is a combination of one or more of these?

Or is that the M football program management support coming out of the AD is so fucked up and dysfunctional that no football coach or team is going to do well with that? Or is it meddling by outsiders with interests? There is plenty of factual and anecdotal evidence to support the view that it is all of these.

While I appreciate your viewpoints as an MSU fan whose football program finally figured out how fucked up it was and fixed things, I'm not particularly fond of you (and I picture this) standing there with your arms folded and knowingly, with out any basis for knowing, telling us things that are pretty obvious.

If you didn't figure it out, I'm not in a good mood today. This is my fourth 12h shift taking care of patient's who think they are sick (they are) but common sense says you need nothing more than some chicken noodle soup and Tylenol. moving on .........

Another great read at mgoblog with Brian's searchbits.

His review of coordinators as targets for a HC position is excellent. Herman, Yes. Especially if it makes talent uncomfortable. On the NFL side of things, I agree with him. Don't want t hem.

On Jay Gruden rumors (Redskins .... Can I say that ..... Coach who is about to get canned by Washington management and who will offer Harbaugh ...... Shit!) is ridiculous and coming from the Gruden Camp after calling Hackett and getting laughed at. I love Brian's writing style.

Nothing much else to tell. Go read it.

I'm leaning toward Mora today ..... That can and will change.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X