Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Jeff's post nails it. Get the kids now while everything is rosy, because I don't care how good Mattison is--it is going to be a few years before we have a good defense. They will be better this year, but even better is still bad.

Comment

• I'm actually in support of what Reeves did. If he wasn't ready, at least he manned up and told them so. I obviously don't know any of the context of that conversation, but I wouldn't call that "playing the game" at all or stringing anyone along. He wanted to take some time and probably take some visits. Sounds OK to me.

Comment

• Reeves, from what I can tell from reading Rivals stuff is getting a lot of respect for manning up as you say. Morgan, OTH, was criticized and, if the things I read about him are accurate, M did exactly the right thing by cooling on him.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Rodriguez is definitely enjoying the "first full recruiting year" effect that many coaches, like Tressel, Weis, Zook, and Rodriguez have enjoyed. I think that we'll get a true measure of his recruiting ability with the 2013 class. At this point, I'd be surprised if our '12 class doesn't end up at about the same level as the '09 class.

Comment

• I didn't know RichRod had another gig.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• He was a silent commit, Rocky

Comment

• I meant Hoke.

Comment

• Kyle Kalis is not a for sure get for o-lie-o. Could this possibly make our other OL offers commit earlier for fear of losing a spot?

TOM: Where are you at with your commitment to Ohio State? Are you still listening to other coaches?
                  KYLE: I'm still listening to coaches. I want to go to Ohio State, but I want to know that Coach Fickell is going to be my head coach when I'm there, and if we don't have more than a two year bowl ban.
                  TOM: What other schools are you entertaining right now? Do you have a group that you'll listen to?
                  KYLE: Yeah, I think I've narrowed it down to Auburn, Alabama, Wisconsin, Miami, Iowa, and Michigan. That's not in any order, but those schools I would be interested in if anything happened. I'm still committed to Ohio State, though.
                  TOM: Would you potentially visit those schools just to make sure you're covered?
                  KYLE: Yeah, I mean I'm not in a rush but whenever I can I'd like to just go give them all a look.

Kalis wanted to make sure that this didn't come off as demanding in anyway, and wanted to make sure that everyone knows he still wants to end up at Ohio State. He has to have a backup plan though in case anything happens with the NCAA sanctions. Just so that's clear.
                  Last edited by geo weidl; June 8, 2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• He's a long shot even if he doesn't go to Ohio.

Comment

• I think so too, WM. But here's another problem for osu. They aren't going to want to commit to Fickell, so that is going to weigh on their recruiting for the next couple classes. He can't assure recruits that he's going to be the man. He can't even assure them that it will be either him or Meyer.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Agree about the 'interim' situation for Fickell, recruits want to know who their coach is going to be while they are playing. Still, JT's staff is pretty much still in place as are his recruiting coordinators (who have an excellent eye for talent)...

But Buckeye fans believe (some very strongly), Ohio native, Urban Meyer is going to rescue OSU. He could make OSU's rebuilding process a very short one, his connections in Florida could be really bad for M.

Comment

• Answering some private messages from lurkers along with a few updates:

Wes Brown RB (4*, from Maryland) is on the recruiting board but he doesn't talk to recruiting services anymore, I know very little about where he'll end up. His silence could be he silently committed somewhere, or that he doesn't want to be too involved in the recruiting process or is just putting recruiting on hold. Anyway, before M offered Brown said M was one of the offers he wanted. M has a shot but nobody except those real close to him knows how good of a shot that is. Hopefully he comes back on to our radar and he visits officially in the fall...

William Mahone RB (4*, from Ohio) was recruited by M as a defensive back, he's one of the very highest rated running backs in the midwest; higher than Bri'onte Dunn at rivals. Not sure why M showed no interest in him as a running back, some that have seen him play don't care for him as much as others. M's coaching staff is one of the former and not interested in him...

Mailk Gilmore WR (4*, from California) is on my board because there aren't alot of other options at receiver that has returned interest. Showed an interest in ND & M because of their prestige/tradition but if he's serious about going to ND or M, were not going to have a good read on him until he takes his official visits this fall. ND fans seem to think they are leading but would jump at a USC offer...

Maty Mauk QB (3*, from Ohio) seemed like a recruit likely to make a decision in May but was probably holding off because the schools he was considering had higher rated QB's on their board yet to decide. I don't think a decision for him is too far off but don't think its likely he'll be a Wolverine...

Teammates, Dwayne Stanford WR (4*, from Ohio) and Adophus Washington SDE (4*, from Ohio) both will visit Ann Arbor together later this month. We'll know a bit more about their recruitment after then...

Jordan Diamond OT (4*, from Illinois) will visit Ann Arbor later this month too. M leads and that visit could lead to a commitment. Erik Magnuson OT (4*, California) will be visiting this weekend and M leads, M should solidify their #1 position here. These two would make M's OL recruiting class a good one but they really needed a good one and could certainly use a great one...

Comment

• I think Diamond and Magnuson will be blue. Its just a matter of time and them making it formal.

Some over at rivals seem to think that Mauk has regained some interest in Michigan, but I don't know why they feel that way. Seems like Shane Morris would be scaring people away right now.

Mahone may have academic issues or the dreaded "unspoken" issues. For Michigan to back off him completely raises a red flag for me.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't know if M 'backed' off of Mahone, his offer list isn't as good as his 'rankings' (maybe for your reasons you listed above) and his highlight reels aren't special. He's a RB in the mold of what Hoke is looking for, I just think Hoke feels he's looking for a special back in this class, IF he takes one and they don't think Mahone is special. That is just my speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                I think Diamond and Magnuson will be blue. Its just a matter of time and them making it formal.
                                Completely agree. I think Diamond was curious about OSU, but his decision is probably made with everything that has happened.

As for Magnuson, at this point I'd almost be diappointed if he doesn't committ during his visit this weekend. He is just looking to be impressed and I am sure that Hoke & Co. will make sure he is clear on their scholarship numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X