Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed that for those who are at the early stages of their recruitment, it's still early.

Comment

• Yes, it's very early in recruiting for '14 who have an entire year till signing day.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        LMMFAO. Only a M fan could actually take 4 services where Ohio State is ranked higher than M in EACH AND EVERY ONE, combine them and rank M ahead of OSU. LOL. I guess he's really putting a high value on M's oversigning. Heh heh heh.

Scout

1. Ohio State 5121
        2. Michigan 5112

Rivals

2. Ohio State 2903
        5. Michigan 2661

2. Ohio State 778.69
        5. Michigan 768.24

ESPN

3. Ohio State
        6. Michigan
        Fair.
        What's the difference between an OSU grad and a park bench? A park bench can support a family of four.

Comment

• M gets bonus points for their awesome helmets in recruiting rankings and/or OSU lost points for having excess speed.

Comment

• If Hoke manages a top 10 class with his lack of scholarships (M might get to 20 with enough attrition) and lack of talent in the midwest, I'll be really impressed with him.

Comment

• Harris, he might be #2 in terms of most important recruit in this class. He's at a position of need and M has to keep him from heading to their rivals, whether that be OSU, ND or MSU.
              That's the real rub with McDowell and Harris. If they don't play for M, they'll be playing against M annually.

I still think you guys get McDowell despite whiffs of ND, but Harris is going to be tough.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's been a good run here the last two years for recruiting. I'm expecting somewhat of a dropoff this year. But dammit, we need McDowell and either Harris or flipping Webb.

Comment

• Should stay on Webb. Schmucks have a lot of DB talent. More opportunity in AA.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Early commits always vary in their level of commitment.

WRT Webb, I think he really likes Ohio State. It's going to take a huge effort by anyone to flip him.

WRT Marshall, I think OSU is his #1, but he's probably not 100% sold. I think he would be the more likely of the two to flip.

OSU, though, is obviously well-ahead for both, And whoever is going to come at them has to beat UFM. If I were M, I'd worry a whole hell of lot more about landing McDowell OR Harris than trying to flip Webb.

Comment

• You can't afford to not dominate in-state recruiting if you're Michigan. The state doesn't produce enough talent to be equally sharing it with three other programs. That we have no in-state locks, while losing a must-have guy like Webb from a pipeline like Cass Tech without a fight is disturbing.

Landing only McDowell would still be bad.

Only McDowell and Harris (sounds unllikely) would still be "meh".
                      Last edited by Hannibal; February 13, 2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Ohio State is recruiting the holy hell out Cass and Harris. I think Coach Coombs drops by Cass at least every other week. They've been to Harris' high school a shit-ton. And I think they're going after McDowell the same way, it's just that they don't quite have the traction with him that they do with Harris.

Comment

• Is Mone going to be a NT? I look at his rivals profile, and it says that he is 314 pounds as a junior, and he doesn't look like a tub of lard in his pictures or on film. I wonder what his college playing weight is going to be. 330+?

Comment

• Ohio stay the hell out of Cass and our state!!

Comment

• Ohio's gonna do just that. Meyer's no fool. Will be interesting to see if Michigan is up for the challenge.

Comment

• Yep. Cass is the premier talent accumulation program in the state. UFM certainly isn't going to concede that to M.

I think Cass is far more important in M than Glenville is in Ohio. Admittedly, I don't know a great deal about the various talent pockets in Michigan, but on the whole, there's far less of them than in Ohio. Even in Cleveland, Ignatius and Ed's are big-time talent programs. There's the Cincitucky area with all of the parochials + Colerain, there's the Dayton area with Trotwood gathering tons of good players, there's Whitmer in Toledo. And that doesn't even touch on Akron-Canton (SVSM, McKinley and Massilon) or Columbus (generally decentralized).

Glenville is program to be tapped in to, but that only goes so far statewide. Cass is huge for M.

On a pure talent-for-talent comparison, tough to say. Cass is probably better at the moment, but Glenville is still pretty good. Not quite where they were 4 or 5 years ago, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X