Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As we all know with any recruit Hoke offers, Urban either wasn't interested /doesn't need/didn't extend a committable offer/ doesn't need him for his system/all of the above.

Comment

• Watch it Rob, .. you're getting very close to "moron" territory ... :-)
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• YOU SAID THE WORD! I HEARD YOU SAY IT!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          Watch it Rob, .. you're getting very close to "moron" territory ... :-)
          Is that anywhere near Kansas City?
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
            Is that anywhere near Kansas City?
            nawww...I found it on the map, in Central Ohio

Last edited by Rob F; April 20, 2013, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• List of guys M 'likely' leads for: Maurice Ways WR, KJ Williams WR, Juwan Bushell-Beatty OL, Malik McDowell DT, Kyron Watson LB, Parker Westphal CB...

List of guys M is in their top group (top ~4): Artavis Scott WR, Corey Holmes WR, Daniel Helm TE, Ian Blunting TE, Nic Welshar TE, Lawrence Marshall WDE, De'Shawn Hand SDE, Chase Winovich LB, Jabrill Peppers CB...

Comment

• Numbers:

*QB: They have their one and only in Wilton Speight who was their top QB on their board.

*RB: M will only take 2 if the second one is one they really like, they've been tight with offers so I think they'll take just one barring attrition at the position.

*WR: M will take 3 and have one elite WR (Drake Harris) spoken for....

*OL: M will take 3 with one spoken for (Mason Cole OG)...

*TE: M will likely take 2 before finally going back to taking one in every class...

-

*DL: M will take 3-4 defensive lineman, depending on scholarship situation and attrition. They have one (Bryan Mone) committed...

*LB: M will only take two with one of those spots taken (Michael Ferns)...

*DB: M will take one CB, one CB/S and one true safety...

Total: 19

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                  p.s.- Checkmate.

Worth another look.

Comment

• Sign me up for Harris, Williams and Scott at WR. Very feasible too. That would make up for a lot of misses the last couple years.

Comment

• Maize-N-Brew:

With basketball's big story lines in the books and the spring game come and gone, recruiting once again takes the forefront.

Michigan earned a commitment from receiver Drake Harris to kick things off right, and the next few months will be critical. Here are a few names to keep an eye on.

Maurice Ways: The 6-foot-3, 185 pound receiver from Beverly Hills, Mich., could be the first to drop for Michigan. He was just recently offered a scholarship, an offer which he has waited on for months. He called U-M a dream offer in the past and should fill Michigan's need on the outside, with a slot target next on the agenda.

K.J. Williams: The receiver out of Pennsylvania is also high on Michigan after a recent visit to Ann Arbor: He proclaimed U-M to be ahead of everyone. He sits in Rivals.com's top 200 and is considered a 4-star prospect. He is 6-foot-2 and more of an outside receiver, so it could be between him and Ways to see which outside prospect Michigan ends up with in 2014.

Malik McDowell: Malik is currently the biggest thing in the state of Michigan. That can almost be taken in a literal sense as he stands 6-foot-6 and weighs 290 pounds as a strong-side defensive end. He is a top-25 recruit and could be a huge piece of U-M's defensive line for years. He should be the top recruit in the state and is rumored to be a Michigan lean.

Da'Shawn Hand : If Michigan can land McDowell and Hand, it could be an incredible year for defensive line recruiting. Hand is the top-rated player in the nation and would come to U-M as a weak-side defensive end. He is a great athlete and already very strong at 6-foot-4, 250 pounds. Michigan will have to contend with Virginia Tech -- his presumed leader and home state favorite -- and a few southern schools headlined by Alabama. However, Michigan remains at the top of his list and could make a push past the Hokies.

Jabrill Peppers: The fact that it's a possibility the Wolverines could land the No. 1 (Hand) and No. 2 players in the nation is a testament to Brady Hoke's recruiting. Peppers is also very high on Michigan after his visit to Ann Arbor. He is also high on Stanford, and distance could play a factor as he is from New Jersey. Michigan is strongly in contention, but Peppers isn't looking to make a decision anytime soon.

Michigan's 2014 class isn't going to be big. However, it has a shot to post a very strong overall class thanks to the interest coming from top recruits. U-M's first five commitments are all ESPN 150 watch list candidates, and they could soon be joined by more.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Mays looks likely to end up in this class. If so, I hope they slow play Williams in favor of Scott.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                          List of guys M 'likely' leads for: Maurice Ways WR, KJ Williams WR, Juwan Bushell-Beatty OL, Malik McDowell DT, Kyron Watson LB, Parker Westphal CB...

List of guys M is in their top group (top ~4): Artavis Scott WR, Corey Holmes WR, Daniel Helm TE, Ian Blunting TE, Nic Welshar TE, Lawrence Marshall WDE, De'Shawn Hand SDE, Chase Winovich LB, Jabrill Peppers CB...
                          I thought M led for Peppers.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Peppers I think M leads for too but it's going to be a long race to land him.

Comment

• Good analysis there, OP. Sounds like even though this class will be small in size, it could be very heavy on talent.

But let us remember, the mighty Urban and super Saban are head and shoulders over the meek and mild Hoke when it comes to recruiting ....

... and national titles, of course ... which is all that matters ... :-P
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Thanks Liney, it's actually "cut-n-paste" Maize-n-Brew.

Comment

Working...
                                X