This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanni:

1. OSU "insiders" think he's a heavy M lean.
    2. It jives with Warren, which has a significant M influence.

Honestly, I my first thought on any Warren Harding kid is whether he's in with the OSU or M crowd. It's going to be one or the other. Now, if anyone could have been outside that, it is Froholdt. But it appears that isn't the case.

I'd have to think on it, but the last big time players from Warren to not go OSU/M are probably the Browner family, with OSU getting the bulk and M getting the rest.

There are just certain high schools that I know where the battle is. As I said earlier, Notre Dame is going to be a player for any GCL recruit (Cincinnati Moeller, Elder, St. Xavier). Michigan will always be live for Warren Harding and Massillon kids. I also think they're in a good spot with Whitmer and Trotwood. Ohio State dominates Canton McKinley and Glenville, amongst others. Cleveland parochial schools are a free-for-all b/t ND, M and OSU.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ferns?

Comment

• I thought that was a bit strange too but chalked it up to his notoriety.

Interestingly, both the WR are Michigan Commits.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• this list must have been compiled by an M fan ... Cole is a good prospect, but hard to believe he is one the top 5 OL recruits. Similarly for Ferns has others have said.

Comment

• Scout is saying there will be two more recruits committing this weekend. Anyone kow who?

Comment

• I assume Shaun Crawford is one of them...
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Tyree Kinnel (2015 DB) is being mentioned as the other one.

Comment

• I'm hearing the same names. Probably should make a recruiting board tomorrow or Thursday for '15 before it's full of committed players.

Comment

• I've said before that the mid-atlantic (NJ, Maryland, Virginia, NC) is an underrated/under recruited area for talent. M is doing very well in this area.

That regions large public, state schools don't have the football tradition a place like M does which gives them an advantage. As opposed to recruiting in places like California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, you're recruiting against kids who have a powerhouse football program in their own backyard which is generally a losing battle unless the kid is particularly drawn to M's academics and tradition.

Comment

• Posted on MGoBlog just minutes ago , CB Shaun Crawford gave Michigan his verbal commitment. Overall #3 in the state of ohio for 2015 .
                      Last edited by Rob F; August 23, 2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Terrific physical corner for his size (or any size corner) and awfully good in coverage too, nice pick-up.

Comment

• The Best and the Brightest from ohio make the trip up North.

Comment

• The comparison in his tackling ability is to Antoine Winfield. I know, I know, that is a very lofty comparison, especially when he is only a junior in high school. If he is half as good a tackler as Winfield was, I will be extemely happy, and he will be very effective.

Comment

• Overall #3 in the state of ohio for 2015
                              Huh?

Comment

• OVERALL #3 IN THE STATE OF OHIO FOR 2015.

Comment

Working...
                                X