Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fournette this weekend, but I read last night that he still plans on taking an official visit to UofM with Peppers this fall.

I also just saw on the George Campbell MGoBlog thread that we're going to have 3 last-minute attendees to today's BBQ, 2 of them being Marcus Lattimore and Erick Smith. Getting these 2 in for a visit is potentially huge.

Not sure yet who the 3rd is, as nothing else has been posted, and it's paywalled at Rivals. Anyone else know who the 3rd surprise visitor is?

Comment

• Hoke can't recruit receivers. :-)

Real recognizes real...
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• WM - Campbell is 6'5" and runs an electronic timed 4.36. Size and speed like that can't be taught. He's big time.

Interesting stat. Michigan now has the highest rated committed recruit in the 14 AND 15 classes.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          WM - Campbell is 6'5" and runs an electronic timed 4.36. Size and speed like that can't be taught. He's big time.
          If accurate, those numbers are comparable to Calvin Johnson's:

Calvin Johnson

40 time: 4.32 seconds

Height: 6' 5"

Comment

• George Campbell: A Star in the Making:

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• 6-5, 4.36. Holy fucking shit.

Comment

• Most corners in college are around 5' 10" and probably no more than 190. This guy is 6' 5" and runs as fast or faster than most corners?

Yow ...

The only question will be, can the QB throw the ball far enough for him to run under? Shane should be able to do it.

And from 2015 on, top HS QB's are going to see that guy on Michigan's roster, and want the chance to throw to him.

I hope we can keep him committed. There's going to be a TON of pressure on him to flip. Especially since he's from SEC territory.
                Last edited by lineygoblue; July 28, 2013, 11:47 AM.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He's saying all the right things. We will see how much he likes the spotlight though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                    If accurate, those numbers are comparable to Calvin Johnson's:

Calvin Johnson

40 time: 4.32 seconds

Height: 6' 5"
                    The big difference IMO is that Calvin weighs nearly 240 lbs and moves like that. Campbell is only 180 (of course he's only gonna be a junior in HS)

Comment

• If we land Hand too that might make three nationally top 5 guys in two years. The offense could be something really special in the 2015/2016 time frame.

Comment

• If we land Hand, I'm looking for a defense to rival '97 at some point.

Comment

• I don't think Campbell is 6' 5"

I keep hearing he's 6' 3 1/2''

Still tall and fast...

Comment

• I think you are right Rock. It looks like he measured that at the opening.

Of course he's going into his Junior year, so he will likely grow right?

Comment

• Looking at his frame, he certainly will gain weight if not height.

Comment

• More video on Campbell from Buckeye Planet. Their fans do seem to follow our recruiting more closely than we follow theirs. One poster mentions the change in the size of our new WRs and TEs.

Comment

Working...
                                X