Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed re: Alabama. Michigan has made some great strides under Hoke/Mattison, but they weren't ready to take on the Tide.

I'm still wondering why they insisted on putting Gardner at WR. He should never have been removed from the QB position. I know he may have agreed to the move just to get on the field during the Robinson era, but his lack of experience at QB led directly to 3 of those losses.

IMO, if Gardner had been coached up to be ready at QB in the Nebraska game, its the Huskers that go scrambling to find a substitute game plan. Gardner would have hit them with a whole new set of problems. Instead, Bellomy was target practice for the Husker defense.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• How many losses did those teams have combined? All of them were close games against good teams. Last years squad wasn't very talented and played a pretty brutal schedule. This years team still is lacking in All B10, NFL draft type talent.

Comment

• I don't see much reason to expect M to lose anyone from this class ('14) but the ones you might want to watch are those who were 'recruited over.' e.g. A lower rated guy committing then a much higher rated player coming in later at the same position.

For the most part, these guys were all recruited for a different position (e.g. SAM, WLB, MLB) even if they are both listed at the same position (e.g. LB). Still, 1 or 2 recruits might look around a bit and flirt with visiting elsewhere and lose their spot in the process.

Comment

• the 2011 team wasn't as good as the 11-2 record and the 2012 team wasn't as bad as their 8-5. 19-7 is about what I expected from Hoke or Coach No Titles or Flounder or whatever these assclowns call him, given the Denard factor, offensive transitions, modest (and more importantly underdeveloped) talent level inherited by the new staff, etc.

Anything less than 10 wins this year will be a disappointment, and may jeopardize the recruiting success Hoke has enjoyed. I don't think Ohio coming to Ann Arbor and kicking our asses is a foregone conclusion like the Troll and Poodle are insinuating. Ohio is the better team with the better overall talent, proven coach, and the Heisman frontrunner. The better team doesn't always win this game and there are a lot of unknowns here including: 1) how DG will fare as full time starter with an offseason at QB under his belt, 2) how Darboh/Chesson do to complement Gallon, 3)how the D adapts to Ryan's absence and how good will Ryan be when he comes back, and 4) will Frank Clark, Taco, and Mario finally provide a pass rush this team is sorely missing? I am looking forward to finding out

Comment

• It's called risk avoidance. Just look at these assclowns.

It's incredulous, last season claimed an "undefeated season" while on probation and officially sanctioned from conference or bowl play, they don't give a damn.

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

08/31/13 vs. Buffalo TV Columbus, Ohio 12:00 p.m. ET
            09/07/13 vs. San Diego State TV Columbus, Ohio 3:30 p.m. ET
            09/14/13 at California TV Berkeley, Calif. 7:00 p.m. ET
            09/21/13 vs. Florida A&M TV Columbus, Ohio TBA
            09/28/13 vs. Wisconsin * TV Columbus, Ohio 8:00 p.m. ET
            10/05/13 at Northwestern * TV Evanston, Ill. 8:00 p.m. ET
            10/19/13 vs. Iowa * TV Columbus, Ohio 3:30 p.m. ET
            10/26/13 vs. Penn State * TV Columbus, Ohio 8:00 p.m. ET
            11/02/13 at Purdue * TV West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
            11/16/13 at Illinois * TV Champaign, Ill. TBA
            11/23/13 vs. Indiana * TV Columbus, Ohio TBA
            11/30/13 at Michigan * TV Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 31, 2013, 07:41 AM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Of all the "favorites" for the MNC, they have the easiest road.

They only have one difficult game on their schedule. Everything else they should be favored by 10 or more.

Comment

• The ESPN guy VanHaren says expect a 2014 guy to commit within the next week or so, he seemed to imply he was ranked better than Shaun Crawford, anyone hear anything? Is Lattimore in play?
                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• We had the toughest cross-division schedule possible the past 2 years. But yeah, it's pretty easy this year, thanks to Vandy running away from us and Cal turning into crap.

Though San Diego State is the "program that Brady built". They ought to be tough as nails and rock solid.

When you get a chance, check out Louisville's schedule. Heck, Texas A&M and Alabama don't play an especially hard schedule either. The only tough road game A&M has is LSU. And they lost a ton of people. Their other road games are Ole Miss, Arkansas (coming off an awful season), and Missouri. OOC games are: Rice, Sam Houston St, SMU, and UTEP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                    The ESPN guy VanHaren says expect a 2014 guy to commit within the next week or so, he seemed to imply he was ranked better than Shaun Crawford, anyone hear anything? Is Lattimore in play?
                    My guess is Malik McDowell.

Comment

• Poodle, STFU.

PB, you've just made history, "Troll & Poodle" perfect.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQnxlHZsjY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQnxlHZsjY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• LSU could drop pretty far this season, depending on their schedule. They lost a ton to NFL, graduation. It seems the 'top' programs in the SEC East rarely play the top in the SEC West which is only going to happen more with 14 teams in the SEC and not expanding the schedule.

Comment

• McDowell probably is the likeliest to commit right now for '14. Crawford for '15.

Comment

• LOL @ Lattimore.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Didn't think he was in play but the hints the ESPN guy were dropping were "at the BBQ" and higher ranked than Crawford. McDowell makes sense on those notes, but he just literally said this week from what I gather that he will not be committing until one of the All-Star games at the end of the year.
                              The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• I'm just shocked to read that LSU actually has athletes that graduate ...

Comment

Working...
                                X