Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he turns them into titles I'm good. But cart before horse and all that.

Comment

• Looks like Scout is pretty accurate with its 2015 ratings so far. George Campbell is #13 overall and a 5 star. Damien Harris is #22 overall and the second four star (Adores Jackson is 24th for 2014 I think).

They have Settle #1 who is visiting with his friend, Dashawn Hand, for the under the lights game.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• VA seems to produce players!

Comment

• I know Hoke and co already started recruiting the mid-atlantic before the additions of Rutgers and Maryland ---but it does seem we are in on a lot more of Maryland, DC, New Jersey, and Virginia kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
            I know Hoke and co already started recruiting the mid-atlantic before the additions of Rutgers and Maryland ---but it does seem we are in on a lot more of Maryland, DC, New Jersey, and Virginia kids.
            Just seems like a perfect storm in our favor out east--- the talent level out east is at a high point in its cycle, we already had established a presence out east under Hoke and especially Mattison (don't forget, his name is probably easily recognizable in those parts as one of the main architects of those tough Baltimore Raven defenses), and now the B1G adds Rutgers and Maryland as teams that Michigan will face each season. I'd love to say that it was good anticipation on the part of the Michigan coaching staff and recruiting machine; like much else in life, though, timing is everything.

Comment

• Plus Nitwits in rough waters.

Comment

• Since M is mostly full up for 2014, here's an early look at my best in Ohio for 2015:

1. Eric Glover-Williams, RB (OSU)
                2. Justin Hilliard, LB (?)
                3. Jerome Baker, OLB (OSU)
                4. Shaun Crawford, DB (M)
                5. L.J. Scott, RB (OSU)
                6. Hjalte Froholdt, DE (M)
                7. Anthony McKee, LB
                8. Andrew Dowell, RB
                9. George Brown, OT
                10. CJ Conrad TE

IMO, I think the top 5 are clearly better than the rest. Now, most sites really like Froholdt, so I'll defer to them and make it a top 6. There are plenty of solid FBS/program players after the top 6 that OSU and/or M may offer. But it's going to take some time.

Right now, EGW is my #1. He's really, really good -- and will be the RB/H in UFM's offense. I like both LBs a ton, too. OSU has a good shot at both, but it's far from certain with ND and M, amongst others, definitely in the game. Crawford is going to be a very good CB, IMO, and he's all M. LJ Scott is a power back. He's from the same conference as Fitz, so I downgrade him a bit on competition (a lot of sites have him top 3 in Ohio). And Froholdt is an exchange student that's barely played football, but has gads of skill and athleticism. He *should* be back from Denmark and able to play this season for Harding. He's all M, which isn't a surprise given his HS.

So, from Ohio I think M gets two very good kids and then whatever else Hokattison scout out and think fits their team.
                Last edited by iam416; August 16, 2013, 08:01 AM.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• good stuff... this is why we keep Talent around.
                  thanks.

Comment

• indeed

Comment

• I haven't heard of the Froholdt kid. That would be awesome if we could lock down that Copenhagen pipeline.

I'd love to land one of those linebackers. We'll need some more potential heir apparents to the guys from the 2012 class.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; August 16, 2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Froholdt is #59 in 247 and #73 in Scout, I think. Or pretty close to that. I definitely want to see how he does this year, so hopefully he gets shit straightened out in Denmark and is able to play for Harding this season.

The 2 LBs are both top 100 players and, IMO, should push for top 50.

Comment

• On the LBs, I think Baker is most likely a Buckeye. One of those "dream school" offers and he likes the staff. Like Peppers with M.

Hilliard will be tougher. Like any GCL kid (Cinncy catholic league), Notre Dame is a serious player. Also, his brother is at Iowa and that's a legitimate possibility. As of today, Ohio State is behind, IMO. Not sure where M stands other than they've offered (both him and Baker).

So, realistically for M, I think it's Crawford, Froholdt (assuming he's in America) and maybe a couple other kids that strike Hokatisson's fancy. I guess they also have a kicker from Ohio, too.

Comment

• What indicates that Froholdt is a Michigan guy? I would think that growing up overseas + "I'm already 10,000 miles away from home so what difference does it make where I go to college?" would mean that everyone in the country has a shot at him.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; August 16, 2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Got this mgoblog. Check out the 5 Michigan commits on the USA Today All-American team!

Campbell
                              Cole
                              Harris
                              Ferns
                              Peppers

Comment

• Could be six if Deshawn Hand drops.

Comment

Working...
                                X