Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh. I like Crawford more than most, and I think he's #4. Is that kicker from Massilon is top 5, too. Heh.

Incidentally, the comparison to Winfield is apt for a ton of reasons having nothing to do with height.
    Last edited by iam416; August 23, 2013, 04:40 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Huh?
      Now that I'm home, I can do a better job of posting.

That said, Talent---Don't be a dumbass!!!

(CVGT says that works for Deb over at the Lions Forum when someone acts like a Dumbass, so I figured I'd try it...)

:-)

Anyhow, that's what I read about Crawford in the few minutes I had at work to quickly post the news of Crawford committing to U of M, that he was the overall 3rd-ranked player in ohio for 2015. I'll have to look it up, but I believe it was ESPN that had him ranked thusly.

Comment

• Well you have spoken in a way that is so grossly and obviously inaccurate that Talent needed no more than two Hs and an U to expose it.

(And by that I mean that a normal person would need just those three keyboard strokes but in Ohio it takes an afternoon of trial-and-error efforts before they get the spelling right.)

Comment

• I understand M's love of ESPN ratings which WM and I have agreed are, by far, the worst.

Scout and 247 don't have him in the top 5.

And, thanks, as per usual, for the stimulating comments. Brilliant.
          Last edited by iam416; August 23, 2013, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• I haven't seen any film on him, but I have reservations about his size. Antoine Winfield was one of the best football players I ever saw - period. He's the standard for short corners. I know Crawford is supposed to have speed and tackling ability, but how does he cover WR who's 6' 2"? What happened to HokeAttison recruiting taller/longer DBs?
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Is he the kind that might be a decent safety instead? They are talking lately about the nickel position being a very versatile one. But they're taking shorter corners more than just this one. Richardson is 5-9, and isn't Jourdan Lewis? The picture of Lewis from his mgoblog Hello post was of a really slight kid.

Comment

• Does he cover the slot? I don't know. I'd like someone with more knowledge to enlighten me.

Comment

• I definitely don't necessarily see run-support as the ingredient that makes a CB suited for the nickel spot, but I'm all you got for now. Gonna have to remain stupid until we are rescued.

Comment

• I didn't mean that as a slight.

Saw his film at MGOBLOG. He' definitely a player. Tackles well and has a real nose for the ball. Explosive. If only he were 6" 1'.

Comment

• THAT WAS OFFENSIVE I AM OFFENDED

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I understand M's love of ESPN ratings which WM and I have agreed are, by far, the worst.

Scout and 247 don't have him in the top 5.

And, thanks, as per usual, for the stimulating comments. Brilliant.
                        OK, then---go back to being a dumbass. I like you better that way than as a smartass.

Comment

• Talent was just giving us our badly needed reality check. Our addled minds will probably have him ranked as the #-3 recruit #1 by next week four spots higher than because we're such homes. We need him here to cast a critical eye on reality as we (and, apparently, recruiting experts in his own state) see it.

Comment

• I haven't seen any film on him, but I have reservations about his size. Antoine Winfield was one of the best football players I ever saw - period. He's the standard for short corners. I know Crawford is supposed to have speed and tackling ability, but how does he cover WR who's 6' 2"? What happened to HokeAttison recruiting taller/longer DBs?
                            Winfield is one of my all-time favorite Buckeyes. So, personally, I wouldn't compare anyone to him if I didn't feel it was warranted. Crawford is, at least, that type of player. He's really good. Not to discount lack of height -- Winfield was torched by Burress in the uber-painful 1998 loss to MSU. And, likewise, Crawford had a tough go of it against Mentor last year and Brandon Fritts (big, tall, WR). But, IMO, he's a player that has NFL potential. I like him much more than the other Ohio kid M is likely to get, though that kid is generally ranked higher.

Comment

• Tyree Kinnel come on down.

UM now #4 in the (early) 247 2015 class rankings

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Being described as a 3.5 star CB/S tweener.

Comment

Working...
                                X