Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settle liked OSU and came up for Friday Night Lights and had a good visit. Miles to go.

I find that Virginia thing odd, too. But, having watched OSU finish second to UVa for Quinn Blanding (superstar), I take them seriously wrt Virginia kids.

Blanding and Brown are both elite recruits and both had the SEC after them.

WRT Settle, he does seem to like to name his top schools "in order" -- in some ways M is maybe better off than OSU. OSU had him on campus and still couldn't pass UVa. M is a blank slate. Now, if they don't pass OSU after the visit, then it's probably a true longshot.

Anyway, I wouldn't discount the Hoos, though I don't really understand it.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• UM Football Recruiting - by WM Wolverine

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Jabrill Peppers. Wow. I mean -- wow.

Peppers has a good chance to have a Woodson level of impact...This is a kid to be very very optimistic about.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Like i said on Settle, his interest in M hinges on whether Hand becomes a Wolverine and it's relatively new interest that he's going to try to visit AA.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
          Peppers has a good chance to have a Woodson level of impact...This is a kid to be very very optimistic about.
          I have been thinking for awhile that not giving him the ball 15 times a game and having him play DB is a crime. He is a stronger, slightly less electric Reggie Bush. Play him on offense exclusively.
          The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• I have been thinking for awhile that not giving him the ball 15 times a game and having him play DB is a crime. He is a stronger, slightly less electric Reggie Bush. Play him on offense exclusively.
            I don't think they'll do that, but the story is that he idolizes Woodson and is supposedly willing to play some offense but wants to make his mark on defense.

Comment

• Hopefully, with the likes of Drake Harris and George Campbell, we won't need him on offense.

Comment

• If the kid is really as good as his video suggests, you put him on the field where-ever he can help you.

Just like Woodson.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah. Nothing stopping him, as a DB, from getting on the field just a little bit for a carry here and there, and as a decoy. As long as he's got the energy and is willing to work hard enough for it not to impact his understanding of his defensive role, and can pick up the offense in limited practice snaps.

Comment

• Hey, give him # 2 and let him play "anywhere he wants".

BTW: Drake Harris' injury is worse than the school is letting on. He will miss at least 6 weeks.

Comment

• I saw initial reports saying 6-8 weeks.

Comment

• Sucks. Bad luck with some top prospects losing momentum via senior-year injuries.

Comment

• Silver lining...at least he won't be on the field with the possibility of suffering a more serious injury.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Damien Harris apparently ran for 350 yards on 13 carries tonight.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                              Damien Harris apparently ran for 350 yards on 13 carries tonight.
                              Why not 400 yds?

Don't want.

;-)

Comment

• Because he left the game in the 3rd quarter (not due to injury).

Comment

Working...
                                X