Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Clark S from Kentucky. Currently rated a 2 star, but Sam Webb said he was very impressive at the recent camp. Sounds like a potential steal.

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; June 24, 2011, 10:47 AM.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I think that it might be somebody else. Clark is essentially a preferred walk-on.

Comment

• Very impressive size/speed player (6'4", 200 lbs, 4.4 forty), safety type, could grow into a weakside linebacker (his build is 'thin' so the opportunity is small). Had a 'grayshirt' offer that was going to turn into a real offer if Jarrod Wilson decided to go elsewhere. Sounds like the jumped at the grayshirt offer before even finding out Wilson's fate.
        Last edited by WM Wolverine; June 24, 2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Sound like an 18th too.

Comment

• They seem to land them in pairs.

Comment

• Sounds like its another safety if the 'supposed' insiders are correct, Jarrod Wilson.

Comment

• Jeremy Clark.

And the rumblings on Rivals are saying, "fasten your seat belts".

Maybe more on the way?
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There IS one on the way, who we're unsure of...

Rumors are Wormley and Kalis visiting this weekend, the former being on commit watch.

Comment

• I think Wormley is the key. If he drops for Michigan, look out. It could trigger 3-4 other big names.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• According to Rivals, Clark is 99% committed (coach to coach but Clark has not yet called as of 1:30).

Clark was offered a Gray Shirt ..... meaning he would enroll in January of 2013 and be a part of the 2013 class. That offer could turn into a scholarship for the 2012 class if scholarships open up at the position later in this class.

Don't know much about Clark but the approach taken by the staff is interesting.

Other's in the mix for commitment today or this weekend are: Kalis (unlikely), Wormly (likely), 4* S Jarrod Wilson (????), OL Paul Thurston (3PM today more likely NEB).
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thurston going to Nebraska as expected.

Comment

• Those hoping for a Kalis commitment will likely have to be patient, M is thought to be a leader and he's not expected to leave the midwest. M is in good position for both him and Jordan Diamond... If M lands both of those two the 'need' for a 6th OL in this class could go to a DT, WR or QB instead...

M is only wanting one RB but they'd also like a 'big' RB/FB in this class too, Alden Hill fits what Borges/Hoke is looking for from a '2nd' back... In Borges/Hokes offense they use a good bit of 2-back (even in the shotgun) and use the '2nd' back a lot as a lead blocker or as a threat to run the ball himself. If you haven't looked at clips of San Diego State's offense from last season, its quite impressive to me and not quite what some here envisioned when Hoke was initially hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                            Those hoping for a Kalis commitment will likely have to be patient, M is thought to be a leader and he's not expected to leave the midwest. M is in good position for both him and Jordan Diamond... If M lands both of those two the 'need' for a 6th OL in this class could go to a DT, WR or QB instead...

M is only wanting one RB but they'd also like a 'big' RB/FB in this class too, Alden Hill fits what Borges/Hoke is looking for from a '2nd' back... In Borges/Hokes offense they use a good bit of 2-back (even in the shotgun) and use the '2nd' back a lot as a lead blocker or as a threat to run the ball himself. If you haven't looked at clips of San Diego State's offense from last season, its quite impressive to me and not quite what some here envisioned when Hoke was initially hired.
                            Yeah Borges is no Mike Debord. I watched a couple of last year's games and I feel better about our long term prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                              In Borges/Hokes offense they use a good bit of 2-back (even in the shotgun) and use the '2nd' back a lot as a lead blocker or as a threat to run the ball himself. If you haven't looked at clips of San Diego State's offense from last season, its quite impressive to me and not quite what some here envisioned when Hoke was initially hired.
                              I've watched a good deal of it.

I think DR, if he's employed as a run threat (can't see how a smart OC wouldn't), changes the dynamic of an SDSU-like offense for M a whole lot.

Going forward, when M gets Morris up and ready, I think that's exactly what we'll see. DG is a slight move toward a pro-set QB but as the O transitions to him that will also be interesting.

My hope for M's offense is muted right now until I see how DR fits in and how he gets used. Way too much potential for offensive chaos with different blocking schemes and a QB that does not really have a great deep ball and has a hard time with planned intermediate routes and the timing these require.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 24, 2011, 05:03 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Denard was pretty good at the quick, short stuff last season which is a big part of Borges attack. Its the intermediate-to-deep routes when he has too much time to throw when he struggles...

It'll be intriguing to see how Borges utilizes Robinson as a rushing threat, we should get a dose of option, QB draws and I hope he's still used as a wildcat type in the backfield with 10 blockers. That was very effective last season even after the opposition knew it was coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X