Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In terms of team rakings, M's class won't be that high again but per star rating right now it's #5 (using rivals data)...

The '12 class was ranked 7th but 9th in average star rating... The '13 class was ranked 5th but 7th in avg star rating... The very small '14 class was ranked 31st but was 15th in avg star ranking...

Comment

• Clark is a really good pickup. I still wouldn't be surprised if he changed his mind -- not necessarily to OSU, but to anywhere.

Anyway, apparently at some point in time Hoke will have enough talent to win.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Like he did in '11? That was aided by an awful B10 and no Wisconsin on the schedule...

M should be 'back' to being back to where there were under Lloyd Carr (9-3, 10-2) by next season. Hopefully earlier.

Comment

• and that's pretty much our ceiling.

Comment

• It better not be, Hoke's already done it then with inferior talent in '11. Nebraska/Pelini has lost 4 games about 4 years in a row... M's ceiling should be higher but they'll be playing in the tougher division...

M should be winning 10 games a season (10-3, 11-2) and going to 'major' bowls (former BCS bowls) most every season. M should be a top 5-10 program in football unless the HC isn't very good.

Comment

• re: Clark... Hope he sticks, really high praise from respected people. He's a top 3 overall TE prospect in this class. He's a really good receiver out of the TE spot and every bit as good as a blocker. Big addition in both running and receiving the ball.

Comment

• Yep. He's a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  M should be a top 5-10 program in football unless the HC isn't very good.
                  You've hit the nail on the head. The question is is Hoke a good coach? I think there are a lot of UM fans that have concluded he is not (I am one of them) and hence the apathy and doom and gloom hanging around the program.

Comment

• If Hoke doesn't last past next season he'll leave the cupboard a hell of a lot more full that what Rich Rod left him. Rodriguez complained about the same, which was somewhat true, but really he was in the process of recruiting a different type of athlete. He changed over the roster to his liking and still the attrition resembled rats abandoning a sinking ship. It has taken Hoke a while to fill the holes. He now has a talented young team that I am anxious to see improve. If they still look like they're running a fire drill next season, perhaps Brandon can lure a proven coach with the roster that he'll inherit. My guess is he'd promote Nussmeier.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Clark came this close to going to MSU:

"I mean it's Michigan and they are a school I liked a lot growing up so that was always in the back of my mind. Just the visit today, after I actually had really good visits at Ohio State and Michigan State, I was just hoping to see what it could really be like at Michigan. Honestly, if the visit didn't go how it went today, I was probably going to end up at Michigan State. Today just went so well. My mom and dad loved the coaches, as did I. I've known that for a while obviously, my relationship with them has been great for a long time, but today couldn't have went any better."

Like his attitude:

"I'm ready to win some championships and get Michigan back to the top," he said. "Especially starting to beat Ohio State, that's going to be big. I want to make sure that in my four years I don't lose to Ohio State once."
                      Last edited by Rocky Bleier; June 20, 2014, 12:30 PM.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• LOL. I wish I had the Kyle Kalis quote cued up. Blood on the field. Ohio State getting railed. Etc.

I will say Clark has some chutzpah. He's doing his damndest to get some recruit "buddies" to come to M. Unfortunately, he'll most likely be playing against them in The Game. Heh.

Comment

• Nation's No. 1 tight end Chris Clark eager to recruit other future Wolverines

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz35Dz8dubo

Comment

• At this point, I'd almost ask Clark to forget about helping sway hearts toward Michigan unless he can guarantee that his targets are some tough guys who love the physicality of football, and refuse to be pushed around.

We have enough pretty boys on the roster already. No more need apply.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Froholdt going back for another year of prep. I wonder if we get back involved.

Comment

• Arkansas also had a change in defensive coordinators.

Comment

Working...
                                X