Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insiders are pretty optimistic about Darian Roseboro (SDE/3-tech who I really like his talent level), he's got a decision date for the end of August and he should end up blue. Competition is NC State but he has little problem with distance...

He'd be a terrific start to the DL class. Sounds like the staff sees Wheatley as a tight end and they could bring in two tight ends in this class. Nussmeier doesn't use a FB much and uses a good bit of 2 TE formations (at least at Bama) so a second TE in this class could fill a need...

Asmar Bilal sounds like a Domer, terrific athlete who could develop into a good football player...

re: OL - Grant Newsome looks like a tackle to me though I haven't seen good highlights from him to evaluate him yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Congrats on Cole. Hokattimeier can still recruit!
      Yeah .... but can he keep him up to signing day and then get him to sign?

I think there is a problem there as it looks like M's staff won't allow any of the under the table incentives that most other schools don't care about.

Why do kids commit and then de-commit? I don't think it has anything to do with that kid just changing his mind out of the blue. Good chance someone is incentivizing both the kid and family members/advisors in some way.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Cole is an in-state kid with a clear set of choices. Barring a disaster in AA this season, he won't flip.

As for flipping, these are HS kids. Some of them are awed by a great visit and make a rash decision. Then they see the rest of the world and change their mind. Some of them commit to hold their spot in the class -- this happens, e.g., at Alabama -- who had lost a couple kids this year. Some of them just change their mind.

Sure, some kids are bought, but that's the exception. Damian Harris and George Campbell didn't decommit from M because they were paid. Just as surely as Chris Clark didn't decomit from UNC and commit to M because he was bought.

M recruits plenty well. As I've said in the other thread, if you want to blame the system for M's failures -- have at it. I'm happy. It cements Hoke's staff (how can you blame Hoke for only winning 8-9 games when the system is so rigged??? lol). And I love that.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Put another way, for some recruits, a verbal just means you're on of their top 3 schools at the time. For other kids, it's the end of the road. Torrance Gibson, a big-time athlete from Florida, could verbal to OSU today and I'd laugh because I know he'll change his mind another dozen times. Weber could verbal to OSU tomorrow and I'd consider that pretty much done. Gotta know the recruits and how they approach the process.

Comment

• BS .... the majority are not just changing their minds. The are being incentivized. You have no more evidence to support your claim than I do mine. So, its a draw .....

Damn, I'm glad the football season is almost back.

F*** osu.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Cole may enroll early:

Comment

• You have no more evidence to support your claim than I do mine. So, its a draw ..
                Actually, I do. As my position is mostly that sometimes kids just change their minds, the absence of evidence re buying flips supports that position.

But hey, if you think Chris Clark was bought by M, I guess I can't stop you.

Comment

• RE: Cole enrolling early

Early enrollment is getting to be an "early signing date" by default.

I strongly favor an early signing date around August 15. This eliminates all the talk about "flipping" a recruit. If he is signed, it's done. If he has not signed, fair game. Hoke's rule that if you commit to UM and then visit another school, no place is held for you, is now, and has always been idiotic. Why would a 5* kid not want to take some free vacations to other parts of the country?

Comment

• Marcus Lewis decommitted from Florida. He previously decommitted from Va. Tech. Most folks now seem to think M is the favorite. If he commits, I wonder how much Hoke and his system of boosters paid him :-)

Comment

• Probably not enough.

Comment

• In all seriousness, Florida is probably the one major program on his offer list whose coach is more likely to be fired this year than Michigan's. It's incredible that Muschamp is still there.

Comment

• Yeah, Muschamp is a knucklehead living off of one fortunate season. Even his "Blame Urban" schtick has expired. He's more or less in the same boat as Hoke with one fewer season and a far more obvious step backward. And Muschamp managed to lose to Georgia Southern whereas Coach Hoke bravely held off the mighty Zips.

OSU lost a top 50 national kid from Cleveland to Florida last week. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up in Columbus. What's more, Florida is about to have 3-4 kids flip in the past week. The only thing Muschamp has going for him is that they're not in the SEC West. A lot of teams can win the SEC East.

Comment

• I tend to disagree a little about Campbell. He decommited shortly after a handler got involved. Maybe not because of money, but could be.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• An uncle stepped in. I'm sure he just would have missed George too much had he gone so far away.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• 2016 WR Cam Chambers?
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X