Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's more likely JH gently nudged him out the door. How many QBs does he need in the classes of 15 and 16? Not 4 (IMO).
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• True but he doesn't have that other guy committed yet, and DeWeaver isn't chopped liver.

Comment

• Yeah. The problem is he was "stuck" with a Plan B guy. Ordinarily he'd aim really high -- gun for Costello or Eason or someone else and the move down the line as needed. An offer to MdW in November of this year would make all the sense in the world.

JH has to think that he has a credible chance to land a big-time QB and, if not, land someone comparable to MdW. I think that's a rational approach.

Comment

• DeWeaver will probably end up at MSU.

Comment

• I'm pleased he has left, since Henne went to the NFL and Mallet was driven off by Rodriguez we've suffered with a hot steaming pile of shit at the QB position thanks a a decade of incompetent coaching, ( although Robinson was a fast pile. )

Harbaugh will have his pick of any pro-style QB in the nation 2016, period. Most 5 stars with true NFL aspiration s and a reasonable skill set to back it up.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
              .......Harbaugh will have his pick of any pro-style QB in the nation 2016, period. Most 5 stars with true NFL aspiration s and a reasonable skill set to back it up.
              I doubt that.

Harbaugh is good. He will drastically change the national landscape with regard to QB recruiting, i.e., he is a force to be reckoned with.

But there is still Ann Arbor in February as compared to LA (USC & UCLA) and Palo Alto (Stanford) not to mention warmer climes in the South that include LSU, UGA, Bama, UF, FSU, et. al.

Harbaugh can overcome a lot of that, an M degree is a huge door opener but it is still freaking cold in AA during the winter months. I skipped lots of classes January through March.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Harbaugh is good. He will drastically change the national landscape with regard to QB recruiting, i.e., he is a force to be reckoned with.
                What? I mean, yeah, he should be a threat to land a top-shelf QB, but how on earth is that drastically changing he national landscape with regard to QB recruiting? Heh. God bless, Buchanan....you've been a bit cautious and muted owing to the past few years or so, but I know you're dying to be your super-rose-colored glasses-self. Nothing wrong with that.

Speaking of which, I think the first part of this thread -- roughly pages 25 to 60 -- should be required reading for perspective...for all CFB fans. I found it interesting to read the names of the recruits that everyone was excited about. There's also a fair amount of exuberance on the part of M fans (cautionary to all). Some dead-on predictions (WM thought UFM would be OSU's head coach early on). And some awful ones -- ("this is why I preferred Hoke to Harbaugh!"...."Dooley is going to do really well at Tennessee.")

This thread and the OSU thread are the only perpetual threads, I think, that house innumerable wrong predictions (dozens upon dozens from me, too!).

On the recruiting front, Harbaugh is visiting with Weber and making his final pitch. We'll see. OSU will end up with a RB either way.

Comment

• A lot of those teams you list haven't really had great pro QBs.

Comment

• I'm hearing the same of DeWeaver to Sparty, I don't think he liked M chasing after Costello, Haskins, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      What? I mean, yeah, he should be a threat to land a top-shelf QB, but how on earth is that drastically changing he national landscape with regard to QB recruiting? ...........
                      Well, how many top QBs are out there? How many schools are truly in the running for these game changers/difference makers?

I think you'd agree that while there are 128 FBS teams that would like to lock down one of these guys rated with 5*, not the sleepers who will pan out but the guys who, in college anyway, are going to make a world of difference in wins, but there are maybe only half a dozen who really have a shot at them.

Those schools are the ones who are producing NFL level talent at that position and others. They are also the ones who have top HCs and assistants that are going to lure these guys in, not only with their local connections to the top HS programs, but also with their coaching resumes.

Add M to that list for the first time since probably '93-'97 ..... LC's heydays.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I consider LC's peak period 97-01. Navarre was the beginning of the slide. But, bigger point is, this is going to be fine. Harbaugh has talent to work with here and whilst getting elite kids is an uphill slog now (c'mon, Iman Marshall. You and Peppers!), it'll be much easier next year as there's some success and easier still for '17. He'll get his pick at QB soon enough. Just not yet. I won't sweat not being able to poach Eason. Gentry looks fantastic.

Comment

• MSU offered Weaver in December. I'm not sure how serious it was.

Comment

• I think you'd agree that while there are 128 FBS teams that would like to lock down one of these guys rated with 5*, not the sleepers who will pan out but the guys who, in college anyway, are going to make a world of difference in wins, but there are maybe only half a dozen who really have a shot at them
                            I'd agree that not all 128 teams have a legitimate shot at them, but I think far more than half a dozen do. JH is now one of them. It's hardly a radical transformation.

it'll be much easier next year as there's some success and easier still for '17. He'll get his pick at QB soon enough. Just not yet. I won't sweat not being able to poach Eason.
                            It'll be much easier when he's recruited a kid for 12 or 18 or 24 months. It'll be much easier when he assess the kids at camp do all the stuff with a recruit that really good recruiting entails.

Comment

• That and when he starts winning. If the expectations are met, they'll pour in. He's not working with all the credibility he needs just yet.

Comment

• He won't need some great 5 star QB. It would be nice, but you get a big QB that can throw and give him to Harbaugh and he'll work wonders.

Comment

Working...
                                X