Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt Weber flips ... why wouldn't he take up JH's offer for a visit.

Comment

• Oh, he's flipping.

Comment

• "Harbaugh is very much set up for success. After four years under Hoke, anything that resembles watchable football has to be considered progress."

"I think it'll end up being Morris, despite his considerable struggles under the previous regime. That regime was, let's say, not well noted for its quarterback coaching."

Si.com article - interview with Ace from MGO...

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• interesting article giving the SEC view of what we have been calling 4 year scholarships. Just a completely different paradigm. Players that don't work out are "recruiting mistakes":

Two years from now, the college football coach will look at the 6'6" specimen—his signing day gem from Feb. 4, 2015—and mutter, "He's of more use as a light-bulb changer than a tight end...

Comment

• Different culture... You're not a human.. You're a piece of equipment than needs to perform. I think living with the mistakes make coaches who develop more valuable. And I like that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Interesting take on recruits from New Mexico. Gentry is mentioned in the article as well

Easton Bruere should be having the time of his life right now. He just finished his senior season as quarterback at Rio Rancho (New Mexico) High School by leading it to a 13-0 record and a 6A state title...
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Harbaugh continues to jet around the country, shaking the trees, and looking for weak commitments. He just might snag a couple.

I'm sure this is becoming very irritating to his colleagues.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He's making up for all the missed time when M wasn't able to recruit when they didn't have a head coach or even assistants.

Comment

• Wow, si is really a sad sad thing these days. Interviewing bloggers? May as well throw one of us in there.

Comment

• SI blows. I took a subscription last year for CFB coverage. imagine my disappointment finding out they dedicate a whole 2 pages an issue DURING THE SEASON. It gets thrown in the trash as soon as it arrives. Good thing the subscription was free. I still think I was overcharged.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• They just fired all their staff photographers as well. It's a zombie publication pretty much.

Comment

• I get a subscription to it from my in-laws every Christmas. I don't read it nearly as much as I use to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            SI blows. I took a subscription last year for CFB coverage. imagine my disappointment finding out they dedicate a whole 2 pages an issue DURING THE SEASON. It gets thrown in the trash as soon as it arrives. Good thing the subscription was free. I still think I was overcharged.
                            I picked up a cheap subscription after many years away. I was reading the issue a couple weeks ago recapping the national championship game and it focused on Cardale Jones, obviously. When describing how he came to be the starter it mentioned how J.T. Barret was injured during the Michigan game IN ANN ARBOR. I stopped reading and threw it in the trash. The jacket is pretty nice, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              They just fired all their staff photographers as well. It's a zombie publication pretty much.
                              Oh. That would explain why the year end "Year in Pictures" feature is reduced to about 10 pages. Didn't that used to be an entire double issue? It's kinda sad. I used to like SI but now it's not much different than ESPN in print form.

Comment

• Well it was just a few weeks ago so I'm sure they had enough in the tank to do more if they wanted to. Which speaks to the same problem in a different way...

Comment

Working...
                                X