This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    I'm completely immune to the wildly irrational pessimism that infects 99% of sports fans.

So when I see that we will end up with the 50th ranked recruiting class in the country coming on the heels of an unranked recruiting class the year before I tend to not get rosy and cheery about it.

If this was MSU or OSU, we would be pointing our fingers and laughing our asses off.
    Well if you wanna be light-hearted about it I'm happy to as well, but otherwise I shall chuckle at your choice of the words immune and infects, and remind you that you have a good shot of boosting your annual Michigan basketball/tourney prediction track record up from .000 to .025 this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      I don't know about that. But they have not had great player development for a long time.
      That's closer to the truth.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        But star rankings don't matter amirite?
        Have they had any players that were instantly good? I'm not really referring to stars, more the on field product. I'm sure they've had some highly rated classes in the last decade but its not like you seen it on the field.

Yeah, yeah I know, the coaching sucks and they fail in player development. But even with crappy coaches, at least a couple of those recruits should have had instant impacts.

Comment

• Stars matter.

That reality is indisputable by any number of measures. So, Hanni has a valid basis for his disappointment.

The stuff between M and osu, Harbaugh and meyer, recruiting and The Game matchups is going to be fun to watch but I'm not sure it has much to do with how competitive, on the national scene, both of these programs are. Same for M, MSU and Harbaugh/Dantonio. Fans tend to make a lot more out of this than the coaches and players do.

If Harbaugh is able to get M back up to the point where M can consistently challenge osu and be there in the mix for the BT championship and a playoff spot, that is going to elevate M's chances to get in on more elite HS players who can be difference makers.

Until then, we just have to wait and hope that Harbaugh really has IT and can develop and get the most out of the players M does have on its roster.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 4, 2015, 11:44 AM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This was going to be a small class regardless. If this is the year to have a transition recruiting year, this is it.

Comment

• It was a bad day for M and not a good class. If Wheatley comes aboard they should finish around 6th or 7th in the B10 according to the 247 composite.

This class, however, has little to do with JH.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, yeah I know, the coaching sucks and they fail in player development. But even with crappy coaches, at least a couple of those recruits should have had instant impacts.

Agreed. That's what got me wondering about Mattison. For all the presumed competence on that side of the ball, you'd think at least one of Hoke's early-recruiting-class DLs or LBs would stand out, and not a single one did. Guys like Pipkins, Wormley, Ross, Bolden, Stobel, Godin, etc. etc. -- all four and five-star guys, and a large enough group that you'd think one of them might surprise with early performance. With some of them there was backsliding and with others chrissakes by '14 it was time already.

Comment

• UM Football Recruiting - by WM Wolverine

Shit class.

Worst in a long time
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Then Chris Clark tweeted back:
                    "@Clark8Chris: @its_joellen haha your to much 😂😂😂"

your or you're? if it weren't for football he couldn't get into Meeeeechigan
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      I don't know about that. But they have not had great player development for a long time.
                      That's the key thing with Harbaugh.

It's likely the player development will be significantly better. Even though they just got a 3 star CB in Wasnington, this coaching staff will get the most out of him... unlike with Hoke... Where he would get a 4 star DB and he wouldn't be that good. Harbaugh's culture won't be a "country club" like Hoke's.

Besides, Hoke and Rich Rod didn't have good transition year classes.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• RichRod had a very good transition year class and Hoke's ended up ranked.

This is easily the worst class Michigan has ever had. Expectations were low and it failed to meet them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          your or you're? if it weren't for football he couldn't get into Meeeeechigan
                          and he used the wrong form of "too."

"You're too much" has a meaning of: Expresses a mixture of surprise and admiration of behavior that is considered extreme or well beyond expected social norms; generally to express praise and shock at another person's capacity to be balsy.

and when you are saying that to a girl (especially if you like a girl), that means that you are acknowledging that a person is saying the truth because they know you.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I for one will never forget the day so many teenagers I never heard of, never saw play and may never see play in the future passed up my favorite college football team in favor of another college football team.

This outrage is second only to my anger for teenagers who fail to use proper grammar on Twitter. Twitter!

Never forget!

Comment

• Why take the Iowa RB flip when it costs you Weber?
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                                Why take the Iowa RB flip when it costs you Weber?
                                Going out on a limb, but just maybe he likes the iowa kid better.

Comment

Working...
                                X