Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could they be that far behind for Hill? It makes me wonder if something is going on with Delano.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Little Hill and Little Hayes both committed to competition before Harbaugh arrived. He's got to aggressively try to flip at least one of them.

Comment

• Maybe Hill just really likes Penn State.

Ohio State lost two great OL in-state kids to Notre Dame. Granted, both were from parochial schools, but shit happens. Comfort and relationships. They liked South Bend, Brian Kelly and his staff better than UFM/OSU.

It's not like Penn State is chopped liver. And Franklin has done a nice job of recruiting to date.

Anyway, with MSU getting two big-time DEs in the near future, I can easily see Kareem going M. That would give M 3 of the 8 in-state 4 stars (247 Composite) with Fitzpatrick and solid candidate to flip (I think I read that awhile ago--maybe interest has waned on one or both sides...dunno). Either way, that's a solid effort, especially given that JH has been playing catch up.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'll bet those guys didn't have family at OSU.

There's a legitimate excuse to lose any recruit. Just like there is a legitimate excuse to strike out on any given at bat. But if you go to bat 100 times, shouldn't you get 25-30 base hits if you want to be considered a good hitter?

Kareem would definitely be one of those "hits".
          Last edited by Hannibal; June 5, 2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Correct re Kareem.

So, from where I sit it seems like JH is filling in the backbone of his class and will chase national talent for the final 5-6 spots or so. Maybe more. The success of the class will be measured by that endeavor. If he nails it, then it's a top 10 class. If misses nationally, then you're looking at a regional class that's probably 4th in the B10. And there's obviously a continuum betwixt the extremes.

Comment

• It sounds like all those guys from King are announcing on the same day.

Comment

• Talent. I gots no problem with Hill liking PSU. I have a problem with this idea that Harbaugh couldn't make up ground. His brother plays for the team, I would think that they should be able to catch Hills eye.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Gotcha, SLF.

Comment

• Certainly some good footage here. I guess this is from his sophomore year.

Comment

• 5* Marlon Davidson DE (Bama) plans to take an official visit to M. He was at M's camp today in Prattville. While extremely unlikely he'll end up at M, it shows you the value of these camps and the interest it generates in a program.

Any additional face-to-face contact with recruits is a huge win in recruiting. Interested more in how this affects the '17 recruiting class more than the '16 class.

Comment

• Nasier Upshur makes a not very good secret public by naming Michigan his leader.

Comment

• That is great news even if not that unexpected as M's other TE targets aren't near the talent as Upshur...

Chris Evans ATH (4*, Ind) set to announce today, if he chooses M he'll start out at slot receiver. I like him more as a running back than Enis [who was recruited strictly as an athlete] but both of them are behind Davis & Falcon as a running back...

Evans has played a good bit of receiver in high school, M should take 2 more receivers. M really likes Brad Hawkins and they should have a good chance to land him... M is recruiting Ahmir Mitchell pretty hard though M's chances aren't great unless Ohio State feels they don't have room for him... Other options are Donald Stewart (M slow playing reportedly), Desmond Fitzpatrick and a couple longshots in Austin Mack & Donnie Corley...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w-tgibOLdU"]Chris Evans, RB, Class of 2016 Junior Season Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Mitchell is Plan B. They probably think they can wait and get him or a comparable player. They'll chase Nate Craig - Myers who they view (correctly, IMO) as an elite difference maker.

Other thing is that the #1 WR in 2017 is an OSU lock AND the in-state WR class is really good and deep. Sadly, M will probably pilfer at least one really good 2017 WR from Ohio.

Comment

• M likes their in-state WR's a lot too; Donovan Peoples-Jones (potential 5*) and KJ Hamler (probable 4* vs Sparty).

Comment

• MgoBlog, it appears NFL Machine Inc. will not be denied, oh to have Harbaugh's pedigree.

Late last night the crystal balls started to come in for guys such as... (5* Rashan Gary) (5* Caleb Kelly) (4/5* Ahmir Mitchell) (4* Terrance Davis) (4* Nasier Upshur) (4* Brad Hawkins) (4* Ron Johnson) (4* Khalid Kareem) (4* Chris Evans) (3* Jonathan Jones) GREAT WAY TO START OFF MY MORNING!

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Working...
                                X