Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoke's class rankings we're quite good. However, I think it's important to look at the character of the players recruited. The rankings fail to take into consideration work ethic, reliability, dedication, integrity, discipline.....f'in discipline man. Rankings are based off of athletic talent. There are bound to be players in the top 300 with great athletic ability but could care less about working hard to get better. It's up to the recruiters to decide whether they'd be a good fit or not. I get the feeling JH and company are trying to take high character guys as well as talented guys....hopefully the kids they bring in have both, a la Andrew Luck.
    Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• The '16 recruiting class looks pretty solid, outside of lacking playmakers on offense and M unable to get any traction whatsoever with any blue chip defensive backs...

It'll be a class ranked in the 10th - 16th area, depending more on how well where those around them do. But also dependent on if M lands some more big fish like Gary, the Kelly's, Upshur, Davis, Hill, etc.

Comment

• Not sure if mentioned with all the non recruiting bickering above but Benjamin St. Juste CB (Canada) might have another year in high school as he's supposedly a couple years away from graduation. Canadians graduate a year later but he's attempting to graduate a year early.

Comment

• So that gives Michigan more time to evaluate and gradually ignore him?
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Both Moeller and Carr continued that sort of thinking and it shaped the culture of the program making it what it is today. Just speculation but I can see Harbaugh continuing this culture fundamentally.

Yes they did, (the goals were) win the Big Ten and go to the Rose Bowl. Anything after that was an extra enhancement. But that's not Harbaugh way of thinking.

Jim Harbaugh - We're not going to be satisfied with eight wins or nine wins or 10 wins. He said the goal is to win the national championship. Right now."

Comment

• And although a NC is out of the question this season, I like the idea that he's coaching with that goal in mind. College football is a crazy game, and crazy business. You never know the circumstances that may arise during the season, or the opportunities that may present themselves.

I'm in the minority that likes Harbaugh's recruiting focus. He's nailing down very good quarterbacks, and he's also focusing on the OL. You don't go anywhere W/O an offensive line that can block to keep defenders off the QB, and the OL has to be able to block to have any resemblance of a running game. Its fundamental football. Look at the last several national champions. All of them have those two things in common.

I just wish more Michigan fans would allow Coach Harbaugh and his staff the latitude to do this the way he sees fit. He's the most qualified coach that was available, and we all wanted him. We got him, so why don't we let him do his job?
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                ...... I'm in the minority that likes Harbaugh's recruiting focus. He's nailing down very good quarterbacks, and he's also focusing on the OL. You don't go anywhere W/O an offensive line that can block to keep defenders off the QB, and the OL has to be able to block to have any resemblance of a running game. Its fundamental football. Look at the last several national champions. All of them have those two things in common.

I just wish more Michigan fans would allow Coach Harbaugh and his staff the latitude to do this the way he sees fit. He's the most qualified coach that was available, and we all wanted him. We got him, so why don't we let him do his job?
                Elite teams playing for NCs also have elite talent but, heh, that's just my POV.

No one, including myself, is pinging on Harbaugh's skills as a FB coach. I like talent's assessment for grading out JH for his recruiting/player development/scheme, in game coaching = ?/A/A.

My view is that I'm not letting my expectations for the M football program under Harbaugh get out of hand. It's going to be a fun season and as Doug recently said to Sean, "I'm looking forward to games in November that will be fun and exciting instead of a chore."

I agree with that.

So, talent, any chance you'll be in AA to watch your bucks go down in flames? Since you've already offered OP an advance payment on your game bet as you've figured out ufm is going to have a sad face and munching pizza after The Game, I think it would be appropriate for you to be among good friends so we can comfort you ....... heh, I mean hand you a big bowl of dick to eat in person.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Elite teams playing for NCs also have elite talent but, heh, that's just my POV.
                  I agree, Jeff.

But, one thing we've seen over the past 10 years, is our coaching staff(s) fall flat on their faces in developing good talent.

I think it was one of Lloyd Carr's final classes that included guys named Ciulla, DeBenedictis, and Gallimore. All were 4-star OL, and none of them panned out. 3 scholarships, three strikes. I think Gallimore was the guy who showed up for fall practice, .. worked out with the team for 2 weeks and QUIT FOOTBALL. A 4-star, and he quit football. DeBenedictis never got past #2 on the depth chart. Ciulla never started either.

So, yeah .. I like seeing Michigan get commitments from top-rated talent, but I like seeing Harbaugh getting 3 star talent that can play the game. Just like former 3 star talent Richard Sherman.

Comment

• So, talent, any chance you'll be in AA to watch your bucks go down in flames? Since you've already offered OP an advance payment on your game bet as you've figured out ufm is going to have a sad face and munching pizza after The Game, I think it would be appropriate for you to be among good friends so we can comfort you ....... heh, I mean hand you a big bowl of dick to eat in person.
                    Zero. There's no place in the world less appealing if OSU loses, and that includes Boko Harem-controlled Nigeria, Antarctica and even Detroit. And it's not really a place I'd want to be if OSU wins. Was considering taking the wife up for Beavs or Rebs, but I may wait a year or two. Even though CFB conversation in person at tailgates is generally awesome, the HARBAUGH!!!! stuff will still be in full effect. And wearing my "Undisputed" shirt won't engender friendships :-)

One of these days, JB.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'll be driving through Ohio tomorrow. I've been to both plenty, so trust me that I would much rather be in Lagos.

Comment

• I remember the 2003 "game" in AA, one of the recent rare occasions when we actually defeated the enemy. Walking out afterwards I was impressed that UM fans were courteous and friendly to those wearing scarlet & gray, who were of course very subdued. This seems in contrast to many stories I've heard about folks in yellow & blue walking down High St. after the "game" and the abuse poured on them. (never been there but the stories are legion.

Comment

• I remember that game too, Doc. I remember driving down Ann Arbor-Saline Road toward I-94, and seeing all the scarlet-clad folks heading for their cars, and seeing that they were doing so without being bothered.

We treat them better than they treat us. Proven fact.

Comment

• It's a different culture down there. More like the deep south. Esp. those from the more rural parts of the state. I've told the story before about the game in C'bus, must have been 1952. My frat brothers were there and when they returned to their car after the game all their tires were slashed.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              I'll be driving through Ohio tomorrow. I've been to both plenty, so trust me that I would much rather be in Lagos.
                              Be sure to drop a Tressel or two off in any of ohio's finest restrooms!

Comment

• I met Jim Tressel in Djibouti Africa once. I asked if he was an assistant coach for someone well known. He got pissy and acted like he was going to explode until I took off my over shirt to reveal my maize and blue. He actually got a good laugh out of it.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X