Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately they've been coached by Hoke for the past few years.

Comment

• Maybe I missed something but where did the idea come from that "suddenly stars don't matter." ? (oracle).

I don't think anyone that's paying attention is saying that and of course they do.

As far as predicting M's 2015 record with Harbwugh at the helm, it's like predicting the weather. It's hard. You think you see a pattern in CFB and then you don't or you find some amazing exception.

The safe bet here is 8 regular season wins or something close to that. The history of CFB puts modest improvement at the top of the bell curve of wins and losses under a new HC in his first season. Outcomes at the two tails are substantially less likely.

It would be nice if Harbaugh engineered home wins against Sparty and the bucks on the way to 8 or 9 regular season wins but I'm not holding my breath.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• My oldest son is an Iowa graduate. He went there on a tennis scholarship back in the 60s and retains strong loyalties there. I asked him about Jake Rudock, and to paraphrase, here was his opinion:

First, he is an honor student. He is a QB who doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He has had a low incidence of interceptions. He does not have a real strong arm but is very accurate. Most of his throws have been short and he rarely passed downfield. Part of this was the fact he had crappy receivers. Also he was hampered by a weak offensive line leaving him not much time to throw. A lot of his throws were sideline or short throws for short gains.

However, my son feels Rudock was hampered by poor offensive coaching. Iowa in recent years has sent more players to the NFL than anyone else in the Big Ten except for Ohio State but has had very little to show for it.

He feels that with proper coaching and good offensive line protection Rudock has a lot of upside potential. The kid who is replacing him at Iowa apparently has a rifle arm.

Comment

• I'd be interested to know what the "star" level was of the 1997 team. On an average, that is.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He feels that with proper coaching and good offensive line protection Rudock has a lot of upside potential.
            What? You mean that a good coach can help make a player better?

Surely, you jest ... :-P

Its all about the STARS, man!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
              Gee wiz, where'd my perfectly accurate summary of Harbaugh's unparalleled pro career go?
              Check up inside the Urban Myth's backside the next time you're there. It'll be there alongside this one.

Comment

• Dead period ends so we should hear actual recruiting news rather than bicker with the buckeye fans.

Comment

• They can bicker, snicker and even dicker if they choose .. all in their own thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    I'd be interested to know what the "star" level was of the 1997 team. On an average, that is.
                    If the stars had existed in their current form, it would have been very high. In the 90s, Michigan and Moeller consistenly pulled in Top 5 and Top 10 recruiting classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      As far as predicting M's 2015 record with Harbaugh at the helm, it's like predicting the weather. It's hard. You think you see a pattern in CFB and then you don't or you find some amazing exception.
                      This year will be partly cloudy with an 80% chance of 8-4 and a 50% chance of 10-2. Later on in the year, look for a cold artic air mass to blast down from Ontario and bring an early freeze to make things difficult for the East Lansing and Columbus areas. For some reason, computer models are predicting a warm glow from a small spot in Ann Arbor. It looks to be coming from Jim Harbaugh's office. The man's ass is on fire for wins. The small mass of hot energy is akin to the sun. That's all for the weather today, Wellington_Beefhouser signing off. Back to you Jeff.
                      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Also, movement on the 247 crystal ball for Rashan Gary....towards Auburn. Still a long way out for this commitment, probably a signing day commit.

Comment

• I hate the idea of competing with Auburn for a recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                            Also, movement on the 247 crystal ball for Rashan Gary....towards Auburn. Still a long way out for this commitment, probably a signing day commit.

According to his mother it is Michigan & Auburn. If academics really mean something to her, the choice is clear but if she is looking to add herself to the Auburn payroll, that is a different story.

Having his former HS coach on Harbaugh's payroll and NOT landing him would be embarrassing.
                            Last edited by Prime2; July 13, 2015, 11:03 AM.
                            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• While Michigan's summer recruiting frenzy has slowed down a bit, there are plenty of fireworks expected over the next six weeks. Along with the Barbecue at the Big House on August 2nd, several top targets will make their decisions and Michigan is in fantastic shape with a couple of them. Wrapping Up the Summer in Style

Comment

• I agree Hack. A DT won't make as much as Cam Newton got, but Auburn pays well. I still remember that DE Hand from last year. Looking good for UM until he visited Alabama and saw their engineering school (ranked 85th or something). Sold.

Comment

Working...
                                X