Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, I agree Hack. We need a RB badly. We also need speed.

Did you see that young Bosa had a partially torn ACL. Should be fine, but #6 player in the country, tough break. OSU commit.

And, once again Notre Dame is assumed to be a better team than they really are in the rankings by the committee. Clemson at #1. Baylor at # 6 behind ND. Northwestern in the top 25.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
      If Richt gets canned at Georgia, Eason may be back on the board.
      Not ours, I'd bet.

Comment

• Jordan Elliott DT probably would be my only recent addition, hopefully he comes to AA soon.

Kareem Walker RB is decommitted, not a big surprise and M is probably as likely a landing spot as any but there are many potential landing spots for him.

Comment

• Walker was gone awhile ago.

No way on Eason.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I like our chances with Walker. Eason is def a long shot.
            Last edited by Wellington_beefhouser; November 4, 2015, 01:53 AM.
            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• I'd take both a step or 2 further.

Comment

• My guess is, if Harbaugh thinks they can help the program, he's been in touch with them. No matter how long shot they are.

You don't know unless you offer/ask.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Not so sure about McDoom. He's going to play somewhere that gets TV exposure and hopefully a college degree. When asked which schools are in the running, his comment was "what do they bring to the table for me". Sounds like he's reading reading/believing the newspaper hype and needs a cold, hard attitude adjustment.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    IMO after Gary Kareem Walker is the most important recruit.
                    I think that Walker trumps Gary since stud RB is a much more glaring position of need. I could conceivably see Gary getting a redshirt because the depth chart there is so packed. I think that I would put getting at least one of the blue chip LBs as a priority above Gary as well. Gary is important symbolically because we have sold out so much to get him.

Comment

• Yeah, good RBs aren't too terribly hard to find. Once every 5 year RBs are, but Walker isn't Fournette.

Stud DTs seem to be primarily from the South, which makes it really hard for B10 teams to get them. He is the only kid from B10 country in the top 15 DTs nationally. And next year I think there are only 2 kids currently in the top 15 (near the bottom of the top 15). Gary is a legitimate stud DT that M (or any other B10) school typically doesn't get the chance to land.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Yeah, good RBs aren't too terribly hard to find.
                        Suppoosedly -- but we haven't found one in forever and the offense clearly suffers for it. We also didn't pick up one in 2015 and there's nobody exciting in 2016 either.

Comment

• Heh. Well, yeah, I guess. Hoke never really saw the value of speed in a RB :-) Truthfully, Deveon Smith is who I thought he would be. Derrick Green is, honestly, about what I thought he'd be. I think Walker is considerably better and certainly amongst the best RBs in the country -- though, again, I'd like to see just a little more burst.

Supposedly, Ohio State really, really likes the kid the took from Wisconsin to replace Walker (and Weber would have definitely played this year if he didn't get hurt). So, in the end this a nothing for OSU and only impacts me wrt my wager with Oracle.

Also, there's probably no way he's not committing to M at this point.
                          Last edited by iam416; November 4, 2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• We need RBs bad, but Gary is the type of player who influences your entire offensive game plan.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't agree with any of this analysis.
                              Harbaugh has recruited a bunch of RB's... it's unclear that Walker is a must or a difference maker. As Talent has said he is no Fournette.

We are missing a truly elite LB, and it is the glaring weakness of our D. It' a shame that Caleb Kelly is so committed to heading to a Sooner program that clearly eroding/descending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                                Harbaugh has recruited a bunch of RB's...
                                That no other major program wants. At best, we might get a Deveon Smith or a Fitzgerald Toussaint out of the bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X