This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Maize n' yellow"? Someone has to help Gary with that. LOL

No 4-5 Star darkhorse off the radar? Anything?
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Class has ended up pretty good, with Viramontes still potentially on the table.
      Don't forget Asiasi at 12:30(I think).

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        This class will rate between Hoke's 2012 class and Hoke's 2013 class. I suspect it will hold up better over time than 2013, for sure. But, we'll see.

So, M's class rating from 2012-current class: 6-4-20-37-7 (currently 6th, I think they'll finish 7th).

Next year's class will be just as important as this year's. Gotta stack up the top 10 classes to build the the roster.
        They'll be in the 5-10 range again next year.

Comment

• 3:30 EST

Comment

• The voice of reason belonged to Talent!
            Oracle was there, too.

I've followed recruiting long enough to be able to read the tea leaves pretty well, especially when it comes to B10 recruiting. This day couldn't have been more predictable. The only honest question mark is whether Asiasi stays west, and it seems like he probably will not.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The trick at mgoblog was to log in early and not hit refresh. Brian set up two twitter feeds: the first one had the official announcements. The second was random tweets from whomever. Its been working for me. If you get in to the main page. Don't touch it; just let the twitter feeds roll.

Per Brian: Nate Johnson can't sign today due to "transcript problems." He's still offered and this should be resolved.

Here are the recruits remaining to announce:

3PM: CA TE Devin Asiasi. Michigan, USC, UCLA, UW, Bama.
              3PM: CA DT Boss Tagaloa. Michigan, USC, UCLA, UW.
              4PM: CA QB Vic Viramontes. Michigan, Utah, Cal.

One small detail to keep Rocky sweating: Gary has not yet submitted a signed LOI.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                Glad Rocky and Linesman can breathe again. The voice of reason belonged to Talent!
                Felt better when I saw the shirt and tie. So, I don't really understand this:

Stewart Mandel Verified account ‏@slmandel

Rashan Gary said on ESPN he didn't decide between Michigan & Clemson until he walked on to the stage in Bristol.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• They'll be in the 5-10 range again next year
                  Yeah, I assume they'll have huge numbers again making that a foregone conclusion. Will be interesting to see how they do vis-a-vis OSU. M could sign another 28 next year and OSU is looking at 20-21, and that requires some, ummm, roster management. Already looking forward to it!

Comment

• Rashan Gary said on ESPN he didn't decide between Michigan & Clemson until he walked on to the stage in Bristol.
                    Lying through his teeth. LOL.

Comment

• M has recruited really well in the UFM era save for Hoke's last season/Harbaugh's first 5 weeks.
                      Hoke was an unmitigated disaster well before, during and after his hiring by Dave Brandon.

Couple of exceptions, Peppers, Graham Glasgow and a few others, his recruitment, in general was shit too.

"Brady Hoke's first full class in 2012 featured 27 players. Twelve of those players became full-time starters. Seven of them have barely played or have since transferred. The rest were role players. By their third year on campus, Michigan was 5-7 and Hoke was fired."
                      Last edited by Prime2; February 3, 2016, 02:23 PM.
                      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Lying through his teeth. LOL.
                        He understands the value of showmanship.

Too bad the photo of his family with Gary in a blue sweater and maze and blue tie arriving at the ESPN Studio in Bristol around 11:30am went viral.

The kid had fun. I wouldn't have been laughing though if Clemson had prevailed with dirty tricks and bagmen. There's a rumor floating around out there - take it for what it's worth - that when Gary visited Clemson last week, he was inundated with negative recruiting about Harbaugh and offered $100k per year for his commitment.

Two things: The Good Guys sometimes do finish first. The Gary family has integrity.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          when Gary visited Clemson last week, he was inundated with negative recruiting about Harbaugh and offered $100k per year for his commitment.
                          And? This happens everywhere, you realize.

Do you think Gary will get money while at UM?
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• If he gets money it won't be anywhere near what he would have gotten South of the Mason Dixon line and east of the Mississippi.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                              And? This happens everywhere, you realize.

Do you think Gary will get money while at UM?
                              Of course I do. I didn't just start following CFB last week.

The notable thing about this is that Gary stuck with M while, in the past, many other top HS players who were recruited by M and also by schools rumored to pay recruits to commit, didn't and took the money instead. Hand.

I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that Gary might have gotten something from an M booster to commit to M but the probability of that happening at M compared to schools in the South is low.

Comment

• Yeah, I mean, the rumors are just the rumors. There are rumors about Kareem Walker that I don't really care to share because (a) they're rumors; (b) it'd look like sour grapes; and (c) I honestly don't give a fuck.

If he gets money it won't be anywhere near what he would have gotten South of the Mason Dixon line and east of the Mississippi.
                                I think that's probably true, though, personally, I'm of the opinion that it's not "if". It's just too easy to give kids untraceable money. But, that's another discussion. I have zero evidence that Gary was on the take from anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X