Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JH shouldn't feel the need to jump on those 2-to-3 star types as M/JH should be targeting higher caliber recruits than they did in '16.

Comment

• How many of those two stars ended up in this class?

Comment

• Dytarious started out as one I believe, what I disliked most about year 1 of Harbaugh was offering mediocre recruits than pulling the offer when he figured out they were mediocre.

Comment

• well, Metellus for another.... he really is a 2* who in my view had his rating bumped up as a result of the M commitment.
          I would have rated Gil as a 2*, but if he is switching to ILB, and JH and co think he can grow into that position ... then he may actually be a true 3*.

Comment

• WM, wasn't Andrew David also the country's top kicker?
            What do we do with David and Nordin .. is one headed to be the punter?
            Hate to use up 2 scholly's on kickers.

Comment

• David is probably on his way out.

I think Metellus has clear 3 star film...he looks pretty good.

Comment

• Let's announce round #2 for '17. Same wager. OSU enters as the favorite, but I like were M is at with a lot of top 100 types.
                Yeah, but lemme think on it a bit. OSU is so tight in numbers right now I'm not sure how to best do the bet. 17 commits isn't going to beat 25. At the same time, OSU is going to crush average rating. So that's not exactly fair. Rivals only counts top 20, but then you have to go with Rivals.

I'm down for it, Oracle, but gimme a some time to see how the numbers play out. If OSU ends up with 21-22, then, yeah. Any metric will work.

Right now they're technically full....with 10 commits!

I know M is in on Wilson and McCaffrey. Have you seen the kids OSU is in on for 2017?
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Devin Gil is a 3-star LB, not athletic, fast enough to play in secondary and with some S&C can grow into a LB.

Comment

• M set the signing day spectacle bar extremely high. How can it get any better than having one of the greatest, if not the greatest, QB ever announcing your commitment to M? This spectacle is going to make M look really attractive to high end recruits, most of whom love the glitz and glam. Harbaugh is stepping his game up...hard. No doubt M is in the top 5 next year and for all the years JH decides to stay at M. The only caveat to this is...well...winning. M may not beat OSU every year but there shouldn't be as many close games (Indiana, Utah, Minnesota) with the talent JH is bringing in. I'm thinking Ohio State/Alabama-esque; losing one game and dominating the rest. M is a force to be reckoned with going forward.
                    Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Andrew David was the #9 kicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Yeah, but lemme think on it a bit. OSU is so tight in numbers right now I'm not sure how to best do the bet. 17 commits isn't going to beat 25. At the same time, OSU is going to crush average rating. So that's not exactly fair. Rivals only counts top 20, but then you have to go with Rivals.

I'm down for it, Oracle, but gimme a some time to see how the numbers play out. If OSU ends up with 21-22, then, yeah. Any metric will work.

Right now they're technically full....with 10 commits!

I know M is in on Wilson and McCaffrey. Have you seen the kids OSU is in on for 2017?
                        Yes, I have. That's why I stated OSU entering as the favorite. Just something to keep it interesting again.

Comment

• "Hate to use up 2 scholly's on kickers.Hate to use up 2 scholly's on kickers."

Yeah go the Bo route. Refuse to give a kicker a scholly and watch your team lose two in a row to OSU and one to Purdue when you were ranked No. 1 thanks to Lantry and Cone. Kickers are nothing more than dead weight. Oh wait, this year a kicker cost us a chance to finally kick Sparty's ass. Yeah hate to waste a scholly on some useless cog.

Comment

• No doubt M is in the top 5 next year and for all the years JH decides to stay at M.
                            I don't think so. Everyone falls out of the top 5 now and again. Except The Nick. Urbs has had the top rated class in the B10 every year he's been there, but he hasn't been top 5 every year.

Comment

• Yes, I have. That's why I stated OSU entering as the favorite. Just something to keep it interesting again.
                              Heh. Well, you could look at current 2017 classes and get that far. I won't make the mistake, however, of assuming the kids in M's class will be there at the end. Heh.

I'm not really sure who M is in on for the top 50 other than Wilson, McCaffrey and DPJ.

But, shit, why not--agree in principle. I'll even use the 247 Composite. I sort of know I'm going to get hosed by numbers, but, hey, if Urbs can sign 15 top 100 players I have a shot!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                                "Hate to use up 2 scholly's on kickers.Hate to use up 2 scholly's on kickers."

Yeah go the Bo route. Refuse to give a kicker a scholly and watch your team lose two in a row to OSU and one to Purdue when you were ranked No. 1 thanks to Lantry and Cone. Kickers are nothing more than dead weight. Oh wait, this year a kicker cost us a chance to finally kick Sparty's ass. Yeah hate to waste a scholly on some useless cog.
                                that's an extreme position, and did not suggest they are useful cogs. I think one scholly kicker is fine. I think you can find plenty of good walk-on back-ups.

Comment

Working...
                                X