Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another vote for Georgia, they are on the upswing like Michigan.

Comment

• They've been punching below their weight for too long.

Comment

• Georgia, Florida State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU -- That's a lot of competition in a relatively small area. Add in Florida and Tennessee and it's even more crowded. But it seems safe to assume that the Mississippi schools are on the downswing along with Auburn.

In the midwest, we have Ohio State, Notre Dame and Michigan in a somewhat more populous region.

I don't know much about the national scene, but other than Saban I don't see other coaches the stature of Meyer and Harbaugh.

Comment

• Lots of DE types ready to commit to M. Along with the two on the board (CMH, Luiji), James Hudson belongs on the recruiting board as he's a recent offeree. M could have 3 DE types within the next two weeks... Malone-Hatcher is set to announce on Thursday (this week or next?), everyone would be very surprised if he chose anyone but M...

Mixed report if M will push for Deron Irving-Bay SDE/3T. M is aiming higher allegedly with Paea already on-board...

Lots of optimism for the top two DB's in-state; Ambry Thomas & Jaylen-Kelly-Powell. Those two and CMH are huge for our rivalry with Sparty, in-state is far more critical to Sparty and winning battles in-state really hurts their ability to reload.

Detroit Dan - There is a TON of talent in the southeast; Florida, Georgia, Alabama has enough talent to support 5 top 10 programs. LSU gets to keep all their in-state talent too and that's long been a vastly underrated state for talent.

Comment

• Thank WmW.

Aside from Harbaugh, Meyer, and Saban, who is the most famous active college football coach?

Comment

• Art Briles.

Comment

• Stoops? Fisher? Dabo? Miles?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post

Lots of optimism for the top two DB's in-state; Ambry Thomas & Jaylen-Kelly-Powell. Those two and CMH are huge for our rivalry with Sparty, in-state is far more critical to Sparty and winning battles in-state really hurts their ability to reload.

agree. We are a long ways from catching Urbz. Before reaching for #1, it's important to create separation with the rest of the pack. The reality is Dantonio is a superb coach and even with lesser talent, he's going to get his wins --- but he no longer has the huge coaching advantage he enjoyed over Hoke --- making it harder for him to reel in-state talent will move things in the right direction for us.
                  Last edited by Pasadena Blue; May 31, 2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• I don't think Urbz has the huge advantage he once had. Maybe for the state of Ohio, but on a national basis, Michigan is doing just fine. It will take a couple more years to have four (4) solid Harbaugh-type classes on board, to match what Urbz has been doing, but once we're there, Michigan will not take an automatic back seat to him or anyone else in the nation. It will come down to performing on game day.

And that's what the series should be about. On any given day, either team can win, .. regardless of recruiting rankings.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think that even within the context of the program being years behind OSU in terms of being a pipeline, in any given year until it is closed that gap can be significantly smaller or even closed or reversed thanks to the ebb and flow of graduation. This year Michigan returns a ton of talent and OSU gave up a ton of it to the NFL. Michigan may very well may be more talented and should have greater expectations this year.

Comment

• This is the proverbial window. I think M is probably 2-3 seasons from parity once this year passes. As such, this year's trip to Columbus is rather important.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• M has TONS of catching up to do with the classes previous to '16. To both Sparty and OSU. Hoke's good classes of '12/'13 is mostly graduating after this season.

Sparty is far from rolling over as Dantonio always had to make the most out of what he had. Sparty's '16 class was ranked 18th nationally, 22nd in '15 and 25th in '14. Sparty probably won't be a factor for the B1G title much but they are the 3rd strongest program in the B1G going forward and will be a tough game.

Comment

• That's probably why Purdue is sucking balls so badly recruiting this year! It's because Michigan has taken all little brothers blue chips and MSU is praying on Purdue shit talent.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Shit rolls down hill
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well fine, but if shit rolls downhill give Sparty credit for doing some value-added. It arrives in EL perfectly perfumed, but when it leaves...

Comment

Working...
                                X