This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Brian is at an inflection point, no doubt about it. Lack of professionalism exposed.

Dantonio on the other hand is not. Am sick of hearing how he's gonna fade away. I have learned not to count him out and there are tons of data points supporting that and very little left to suggest the opposite.
    He's a complete douche. Thought that from day 1. My character judge is undefeated. Never lost!

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
      Post Script:

Alabama is not a natural football powerhouse. Obviously, the state is backwards ( Alabama Alum, please correct me (c: ) and football is one of the few opportunities for the state to shine. Looking forward, I would expect to see Georgia supplant Alabama as the number one football powerhouse in the south. There are too many Texas colleges for any one to excel, and Clemson is in South Carolina, perhaps the most backwards state in the country. Florida has at least 3 college football powers and thus there is no clear path for any one to dominate. Auburn is a legitimate competitor to Alabama in its own backyard. Nick Saban has little connection to Alabama -- there's nothing lasting in his success there. Georgia has the largest population and strongest economy in the region (outside of Texas and Florida), and therefore will eventually be home to the strongest college football team.

Just my opinion. What am I missing?
      You're an idiot.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Florida has at least 3 college football powers and thus there is no clear path for any one to dominate.
        As an FYI, each of the 3 Florida powers has won a national title more recently than M and each has had a dominant run (or 2) in the past 30 years.

I do agree that Georgia is/was a sleeping giant. But, they've been mucking around for the right coach for decades. Kirby is probably pretty damn good and, more importantly, they're recruiting is truly at or above Alabama-levels (though, I mean, who knows how those super-talented players FIT into the roster?). Alabama, of course, has proven that they never really drop off. Georgia will end up with 2 really great classes in a row, but we'll see if they can keep it up.

Finally, I disagree, entirely, with you assertion that South Carolina is perhaps more backward than Alabama. During your time here you've managed to somehow hunt and peck your way to barely articulated opinions that rate as foolish or worse. However, with that bit of vapidity we have a new champion. To be clear, Mississippi is the only state that *might* be as backward as Alabama unless you're using "state" broadly to include countries then it's also South Sudan, Liberia and Venezuela (currently).
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Haha.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ......... I just don't know. As a young Naval Aviator stationed at NAS Pensacola,FL, I frequently flew low and fast over the outskirts of Dothan, AL. The noise from these low passes freaked folks out and it was not unusual to see people scrambling out of an outhouse to seek shelter in the nearest derelict vehicle on the property. A second pass, just for fun, elicited shot gun blasts from adjacent roofless or roofs of homes, some of them in astonishing disrepair. At least that's what I thought they were as a puff of smoke was visible but fortunately nothing ever hit my aircraft.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Too bad the hilljacks in Dothan aren't better shots.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• True story ...... a long time ago when our squadron of A6s was deployed to the Philippines, during our "training flights" it was common practice to buzz water buffaloes who seemed to always be wandering around in rice paddys. At the end of the rice season and before that crop of rice plants were cut down, plants would grow upwards of 15'. Upon return to the airfield from whence we took off, it was not uncommon for the flight line crew after parking our trusty craft to pull rice plant reeds out of the drop tank fins or bomb racks.

I have to say, this is a realm of excitement, flying these aircraft that low at 450 kts + that exceeds that which I would expect one might encounter playing a fucking game of chess. Each to his own I guess.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Chess is the ultimate test of cerebral fitness.So why don't you go back to your bars, your temples, your "massage parlors"....

Comment

• "Cerebral fitness" .........Bwahaha.

BTW, speaking of fitness, are you still cycling? I've got my FTP up to about 160 and I can hit 300 at 85-90bpm, barely and for a second or two...... I turned 70 in March. You'd kill me on the road and probably on a stationary. What kind of handicap will you give me?

Comment

• Stay on topic here, please.

Final warning.

Comment

• STFU. The Thai soccer team needs you.

BTW, speaking of fitness, are you still cycling? I've got my FTP up to about 160 and I can hit 300 at 85-90bpm, barely and for a second or two...... I turned 70 in March. You'd kill me on the road and probably on a stationary. What kind of handicap will you give me?
                          Yes, but my fitness level is way down from my peak. I don't ride with a power meter. My brother let me borrow his in 2014 and I did an FTP test that was 315 for 20 and 310 for 40 and I think I hit 1100ish a couple times. I could also still run a sub-90 half then, so I was pretty fit. That has declined over the past year. My guess is I'm around 300 for 20. And I can't sustain power for 3-4 hours like used to. Now I just look back wistfully and remember them glory days.

I ride with folks of all stripes. A guy I ride with all the time is 63 and stronger than me. I also occasionally ride with a dude who is 70. He's ok -- get him the right pace and make sure he drafts and he can hang around for 60-70 miles!

Comment

• STFU...just had my second hip replacement last week...fuck...shut the fuck up about your workouts!

On a positive note re my recovery...I'm going to be in the booth full time this year observing and grading officials...so when you see a booth reversal...you'll know why now..

shaddup
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Dude, know you're in the clear. My mom had her 2nd hip down this winter. She's loving life now.

Comment

• Yeah short term pain long term gain...first one took about two weeks before it felt better than it was before...I'm a week into this one...Oxycodone is my friend.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X