No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the Best of Gretzky , some old footage a few from playing in the WHA as a 17-year old for the Indianapolis Racers.

I never saw better.

[youtube]PzPj4eaLDEI[/youtube]
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Not to mention he's also an Olympic semi-finalist!

Comment

• Thanks OT, for the Saturday Hamstringing. 1998 Nagono Japan, 1st time NHLers play in the Olympics. Canada goes undefeated in Tournament. Runs into a hot Czech Pollockian goalie, loses shootout 2-1, semi-final. Canadians are still stunned. Frankly they can't play suddendeath OT? Did the IIHF or the homosexual Olympic Committee need to get the ice cleaned for Ice Dancing to follow?

Wayner would have his revenge, 2002, Salt Lake City, (which was played on International Ice size), Gretzky hand-selects Team Canada as GM, brings home the GOLD.

BTW, FUCK Hasek, Lindros beat him in the shootout but hits the goddamned post!

[youtube]nPCNI_RMDgk[/youtube]
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 10, 2013, 11:52 AM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Still can't believe Marc Crawford (Canada's Coach) doesn't use Gretzky in the OT Shootout!?!

Greatest scorer ever and he sits on the bench?

[youtube]FDKhzppyD-k[/youtube]

Comment

• BTW, FUCK Hasek

More hating on the Red Wings...

Comment

• Lindros beat him in the shootout but hits the goddamned post!
              He beat him by putting a shot wide of the net? I thought the puck had to cross the goal line for the goalie to be beat.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                More hating on the Red Wings...
                We've been over this a million times, was a Wings fan but after the likes of Howe, & Yzerman.....handing the captaincy over to a foreigner?

Akin to Eisenhower handing the keys over to Stalin before the Allied Invasion, unconscionable.

Hasek should have been sewing shoes in a Czechoslovakian factory, not feeding at the trough of a multi-million dollar NHL contract while stealing opportunities from American & Canadian goalies.

The KHL in Russia allows 4 imports per team, that is it. What don't you get?

Comment

• Howe and Yzerman were foreigners, moron.

Comment

• They are actually my countrymen you crusty old bastard.

Nearly 100 years, 38 Wing Captains: 35 Canadians, 1 American and now 2 Swedes.
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 10, 2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• If the Dominator was Pittsburgh Penguin's and cindy's goalie (who won the cup) I doubt very seriously you would be chastising him. You can't pick and choose witch foreigner you don't like. Somehow... I just don't remember you calling EVGENI MALKIN a pussy? Who is also stealing opportunities from American & Canadian players.

Comment

• Speaking of Wayne Gretzky, not only he is 'The Great One', but he made sure he had an enforcer protecting him. His bodyguard Marty McSorley had to come along with him to LA or no Trade! Telling it like it is -to this silly TMZ guy, props to Wayne - "there's honor among those tough guys"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4qPHZvbUGk&list=FLKl4itst_Uoc5Ri9nkaUy2w& index=1"]Wayne Gretzky -- Serious Hockey Fight Memory Loss - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

If the Dominator was Pittsburgh Penguin's and cindy's goalie (who won the cup) I doubt very seriously you would be chastising him. You can't pick and choose witch foreigner you don't like. Somehow... I just don't remember you calling EVGENI MALKIN a pussy? Who is also stealing opportunities from American & Canadian players.
                          Hell Packy, you could have just said 'thank you" for 100 years of Canadian Stewardship of the Detroit Red Wings.

35 Canadian Red Wing Captains (1926-2006)
                          1 American Red Wing Captain (1980 - 1982)
                          2 Swedish Red Wing Captains( 2006- to present)*

(* Welcome to Red Wing Hockey the House Howe & Yzerman built. Hope you have a comfortable stay, the fridge is full of beer, make yourselves at home, hell you can even sleep with my sister. BTW, we have an Ikea out in Canton now in case you get homesick for cheap, crap furniture made by Malaysian children under lock and key factories. Mublerfuckker indeed. )

BTW I sure as hell can pick and choose, less Kurri & Forsberg (both retired) I say ship them all back, makes exclusive International play even better.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 11, 2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Speaking of Wayne Gretzky, not only he is 'The Great One', but he made sure he had an enforcer protecting him. His bodyguard Marty McSorley had to come along with him to LA or no Trade! Telling it like it is -to this silly TMZ guy, props to Wayne - "there's honor among those tough guys"
                            Packy, it was never a trade, they threw in a couple players in the mix to make it look like it. Oilers' owner Pocklington was "cash-starved" he always said Gretzky was an investment and he'd get a return on him, 15-20 million, sold to LA. Ultimately there was justice, Pocklington would go bankrupt, try to hide assets from the Court, was criminally convicted in CA just a few years ago.

Now days the the NHL has made such "trades" illegal, you can't sell players in return for cash to other teams.

Comment

• Pocklington was in financial straits and exchanging what he viewed as a depreciating asset for a very large wad of much needed cash.

Gretzky demanded that McSorley, a noted enforcer, be included in the trade.

Gretzky had McSorley be to part of the deal going to Los Angeles.

On August 9, 1988, the unthinkable became thinkable. It was the day when one city wept and another one awakened. When economic constraints, and the men driven mad by their shackles, could necessitate extreme sacrifice. When the seeds were planted … Continue reading →

Gretzky insisted that any trade also include his good friend Mike Krushelnyski, as well as Marty McSorley, or "Ol' Super Curvy Stick

An NHL and hockey humor blog. The Best Of Down Goes Brown is available in book stores now.

Comment

• Gretzky always had a bodyguard in Edmonton, always! Bob Probert kicked Semenko ass (KO) more than once. Semenko lost his job because of that - so Marty stepped in to replace him. There is no way he leaves with out Marty Mcsorley, and we all know what Probie did to him too. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFYelSdFO14&list=FLKl4itst_Uoc5Ri9nkaUy2w& index=30"]Hockeyfighters.cz Bob Probert vs Dave Semenko.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X