No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know that there is at least on forum member here who hates Kane, but geeze can he deliver when needed. He is averaging more than a point per playoff game over his career. Then there is Toews. There are propbably better skill guys, and faster and stronger guys out there, but I would not trade him for anyone.

I have never doubted his skills, speed and his ability to score in the clutch (probably better than anybody) I can remember recently. That's obviously a reason to hate him when you are Red Wing fan.

American or not I can't stand the little punk, I think I hate him more than Claude Lemieux (but that was a long time ago) it's too bad that 60 year old taxi driver didn't drag him out of his car and beat the s*** out of him and then do a tap dance in his face. Here's the dime I owe you mother f*****....what no tip?

I like that Blashill is taking over the Wings, it's unbelievable how he sounds exactly like Babcock (his voice)

Ben Bishop is going to have to stand tall in net for Tampa :=) Stevie Y's team probably goes down in 5

Comment

• I'd like to see the Boltz win.

I'm a sentimental Black Hawks fan but the Wings are my team.

Hanni posted about how great Babcock really wasn't, the lowered bar, etc. Resonated with me.

You have to WANT to win ..... BAD, to win the SCF. It is absolutely the season. Babcock lost sight of that. Yezerman embodies that. He's obviously energized a moribund team.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 1, 2015, 07:45 PM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Babcock didn't lose sight of anything! HE LOST GOOD PLAYERS. Talent wins championships. We gonna do it with Jimmy fucking Howard with Ericsson, Smith, and Quincy on the back end?? Are you kidding me??

The Wings barely have playoff level talent and were still putting together 100 point seasons. They knocked out the #2 seed Ducks on the road in Game 7 two years ago and were up on Chicago 3-1 before losing Game 7 in OT. The Hawks went on to win the Cup. They were up 3-2 on TB this year before losing the series and the Bolts are in the final. The Red Wings did a MUCH better job bottling up TB's high powered offense than anybody else has in these playoffs.

The problem is our defense corps SUCKS BALLS. Compare the rosters from the Cup finals teams from 2008 and 2009. It will make you weep. Lidstroms don't grow and trees. When Toews, Kane, Keith, and Hossa are gone from Chicago, they won't be very good either even if they are coached by the ghostly love child of Scotty Bowman and Toe Blake!!

How did Edmonton do after they lost Gretzky, Messier, Fuhr, Coffey, and Kuri? Oh, must have been the coach's fault they weren't as good as they used to be.
        Last edited by Mike; June 1, 2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Also, fuck Kane in his stupid midget ass. The only thing he has going for him is he's American. I have to grit my teeth when I have to root for him in the Olympics every 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I got Hawks in 5.
            I have to wait and see game 1 before predicting, following by some healthy wagers. Slight chance the Hawks may be gassed, back-to-back elimination games are taxing.

Tampa is younger, faster and Bishop has come up huge in big games. Beating the Rangers in game 7 was a huge step for them.

Never have been to a game in Tampa before, 14 rows up, excellent vantage point.

Can't wait.
            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Bishop has also occasionally done some incredibly stupid things. I'm going with the wily vets and the Toews factor.

Comment

• I agree but great attitude when rebounding. Don't have to stop them all just one more than the other guy. Right save at the right time.

If Chicago is truly rolling it will be a near sweep.

Comment

• It is obviously old news now but Defenseman Michal Rozsival of Chicago left Game 4 with a broken left ankle against the Minnesota Wild.

Gruesome. If he was running this weekend in the Belmont, they'd have to shoot him.

Even for veteran hockey watchers, this one was hard to see. Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Michal Rozsival suffered a brutal leg injury Thursday night. During the second period of Game 4 against the…

Comment

• Rangers Mats Zuccarello suffered a brain contusion. Zuccarello said he had temporarily lost ability to talk & move his arm. Needed speech therapy. Blood in brain, he is healing and expected to make a full recovery.

Rangers defense was anything but healthy by the time Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final rolled around.

Marc Staal played in all 19 postseason games despite suffering a hairline fracture in his ankle near the end of the regular season. He logged 20:40 minutes per game in the playoffs, but finished with just one assist and a team-worst minus-eight rating.

Ryan McDonagh also played with a fractured bone as he injured his right foot during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final. He logged 17:33 minutes in the final contest of that series.

Dan Girardi and Keith Yandle suffered a grade 1 MCL and a shoulder sprain respectively. Girardi was injured in Game 4 versus the Lightning, but Yandle’s been hurt since Game 2 of the first round.

Yandle led all Rangers defensemen with 11 points in 19 contests. He also posted a plus-seven rating and averaged 18:00 minutes. Girardi finished second on the team in ice time with an average of 21:37 minutes per game.

Comment

• Rangers Mats Zuccarello suffered a brain contusion. Zuccarello said he had temporarily lost ability to talk & move his arm. Needed speech therapy. Blood in brain, he is healing and expected to make a full recovery.

Rangers defense was anything but healthy by the time Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final rolled around.

Marc Staal played in all 19 postseason games despite suffering a hairline fracture in his ankle near the end of the regular season. He logged 20:40 minutes per game in the playoffs, but finished with just one assist and a team-worst minus-eight rating.

Ryan McDonagh also played with a fractured bone as he injured his right foot during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final. He logged 17:33 minutes in the final contest of that series.

Dan Girardi and Keith Yandle suffered a grade 1 MCL and a shoulder sprain respectively. Girardi was injured in Game 4 versus the Lightning, but Yandle?s been hurt since Game 2 of the first round.

Yandle led all Rangers defensemen with 11 points in 19 contests. He also posted a plus-seven rating and averaged 18:00 minutes. Girardi finished second on the team in ice time with an average of 21:37 minutes per game.

Comment

• Typical for a Stanley Cup final game from the past couple of decades. Boring and shitty.

Comment

• OP did you see Crawford high stick to the face to the Tampa player (forgot who) about a minute before the tieIng goal? That blatant no-call was the turning point. Tampa should have had a PP with about 5 to go, instead the biting Hawks tie the game, then win . Still a choke by Tampa..

Comment

• Yes Packy, I was rather loaded by the 3rd but I hear you.

Nothing worse when these referees swallow the whistle in the 3rd and forget about any call in OT!

Connor McDavid , the presumptive #1 Draft pick come June 27th will earn the League minimum of 800k from 18-21 yrs of age. Didn't stop McDavid, just signed a cool 1M a year with CCM.....the kid is still in high school.

[Youtube]H0_CvipQQ7U[/YouTube]

Comment

• Stayed in Tampa Bay for game #2 of the Stanley Cup Final! Will watch to see if American Pharaoh can win the Triple Crown although it is against him, especially since they been giving them lasix to control bleeding in their lungs, post race, since the early 80's...then head over to Amalie Arena.

Cooper may add Jonathan Doruin to the lineup tonight, the #3 pick overall in 2013 has speed and skill to burn, giving Chicago something else to worry about.

Last:

1. I want to buy a race horse.
                              2. Somehow, someway, get an NHL tryout in my late 40's, I should have been a Pro. LOL!
                              3. Join Jim Harbaugh's staff in AA, for free.

It may be performance-enhancing, it may mask drugs that are, or it may be just plain cruel. Or it may be none of the above. The only certainty is that the Lasix controversy is not going away
                              Last edited by Prime2; June 6, 2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• American Pharaoh wins the Triple Crown! 1st time in 37 years!!!!

Pat Kane just flipped my sister-in-law 2 pucks in the warm-up!

Jonathan Drouin In tonight!

American Pharaoh , owned by a Jew from Egypt!

Last edited by Prime2; June 7, 2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X