No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't expect much from Richards. He'll be minus-30 by the all-star break.

Comment

• Would you care to make a wager on that?
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I would FA's who play into the finals and win the cup always suck the next year after signing on to another team. Plus hes old as dirt, and not exactly a star.

Comment

• I'm not saying he's going to score 30 goals and 40 assists but we're not paying him like that either. if he stays healthy he could put up 15 - 20 goals and 30 assists. That's not bad for 3 mil.

And I'd watch how you use the "old as dirt" comment. He's younger than Dats and roughly the same age as Zetterberg. He's not that old
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Your comparing Richards to 2 Hall of Fame Red Wing players? Please.... I love Hank, but he is a shell of what he used to be. Dats was losing the battle for the puck on the boards against Tampa, nobody is stronger than Datsyuk fighting for the puck - anyone who follows the Wings knew he was hurt (again). Yea they are old.

Holland has been hit to many time with the 'dumb stick' he should have just gave that spot to Weiss. Richards to save the day!

Comment

• And no, Holland is not on the phone with Damien Brunner - sorry (though I know you would love that) its not happening. Holland goal - keep the streak alive!

Comment

• I'm not certain buying Weiss out was the right move but Richards is far better than he. If Richards is here to a save the day we're all screwed. He's just a complimentary piece.

Nothing more
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Buying out Weiss was absolutely the right move. I wish they'd do the same to Franzen. Maybe he'll do everyone a favor and retire like he should.

Comment

• It all depends on how we use the space. If we're right up against the cap on the FA / RFA signings and we needed that relief this year then yes it was the right move. If we didn't need the extra money then we just added a few more years of dead money that could bite us later.

Weiss was one of the worst FA signings in recent memory especially for the length of contract but it was a move Babcock wanted. Oh well. I'll be surprised if he signs on with anyone else.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      And no, Holland is not on the phone with Damien Brunner
                      Wow, that would be horrible. Almost Boston like.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Connor McDavid McWatch:

7,300 show at Northlands Coliseum in Edmonton to watch the Oilers rookie camp, 4-4 scrimmage. CM steals the show and scores 5, of course it has been fairly easy to score on the Edmonton. He will make the team and it will be interesting to see what numbers he puts up. Rookie seasons past: Crosby 100 pts, Lemieux 100 pts, Gretzky 137 pts.

Lemieux, Tavares & Crosby all went #1 but failed to make the playoffs in their rookie season.

[youtube]qs332rv1e_E[/youtube]
                        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• That last goal was pretty nice. The kid has quick hands for sure
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He has sick hands.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Amazing puck handler, knows how to get puck in the net too.

Comment

• Wings sign a 94-year old power forward.

Better late than never.

Sporting retro Florida Panthers threads, a red Cooper helmet, and a waxed handlebar mustache, 94-year-old rec-league hockey player Mark Sertich looks like the epitome of old-time hockey.It's fitting, as the World War II veteran has played the game for 85 years. He even celebrated his 94th birthday July 18th in the place he loves most - the arena - accompanied by family and friends.Sertich laces up three to four times a week with Duluth, Minn. firefighters in pick-up games of shinny, reports The Duluth News Tribune's Jimmy Lovrien. Sertich never takes a shift off, as his opponents can attest."He's not just doddering around out there; he's actually playing a pretty good game," retired firefighter Dane Youngblom said.Although the games don't allow contact, the timeless skater is still vulnerable to injuries, including a broken rib and a punctured lung from a collision. He's also spit out the odd tooth.True to the sport's ideals, though, no wound discourages the man who's possibly the world's oldest player from mucking about in front of the net to tuck in the odd biscuit.At a spry 90 years old, Sertich's notoriety on the ice - paired with his acute vision, powerful skating, accurate passing, and scoring touch - even earned him a tryout with the Minnesota Wild.Although the team eventually passed on his services, denying Sertich the possibility to play on the biggest stage in the NHL, he still suits up whenever he can, whether there's an audience or not.The ageless wonder plans to keep skating until he physically can't.Demonstrating emotion, heart, grit, toughness, skill, and poise, Sertich embodies the essence of ice hockey.
                                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Working...
                                X