No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six goals is a season high. Nice win as they were a point behind Boston going in.

Comment

• I have been kind of disappointed in the Wings this year. About a half dozen young guys haven't stepped up their game this year like I hoped they would although they are still in good playoff shape.

Comment

• Watched the Wings yesterday for the first time in a long time. Wow, where have all the stars gone? Team full of grinders except for #13 and #40. Defense was nothing special. Heard how good the young goalie looked, but he had a bad game. Didn't see much of Larkin, so I can't comment too much on him. Meanwhile, Jim Nill done a good job in Dallas, no?
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          Wow, where have all the stars gone?
          15+ years of constantly trading away draft picks will do that to you. Plus, Ken Holland hasn't made a good trade since the Brad Stuart deal and most of his free agent signings lately have been balls.

But they'd still be in the playoffs if they started today so things aren't all bad. Just a ton of mediocre middle of the road players plus Larkin, Hank, and Datsyuk. I'm almost ready to put Mrzak into the group but I want to see him do it two years in a row. I take some comfort in the fact that the franchise, as a whole, is still better run than most in the league.
          Last edited by Hannibal; February 15, 2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• A 23 year-old goalie that's leading the league in GAA and Save % and a 19 year-old All-Star are nice building blocks. I think they'll be in a nice position once the new arena opens up for the 17-18 season.

Comment

• Had to cheer on the Blackhawks and Patrick Kane today vs Boston and they won 6-4 to keep the Red Wings in 3rd place playoff spot.

OP, No Canada..... not one Canadian team in the playoffs this year

Comment

• Looks like the Wings might just barely squeeze in there for the 24th(?) time in a row. Their goal differential this year is very poor and they are lucky to be winning lots of close games while losing the 6-2 and 7-2 type contests.

Comment

• Right 1990 the last time the Wings were not in the playoffs... Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson that year. Could be a good thing with all the close games, 46 one goal games this year. Just get in and see what happens, actually it's the playoffs right now.

Comment

• Back to back games vs Philly then Boston this week, can't wait for that!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I just watched my recording of the Detroit/Toronto game. At the ripe old age of 82, Bob Cole is still arguably the best hockey announcer calling the game. It speaks volumes about what a shitty job the networks that cover the sport have done scouting and cultivating announcing talent.

Comment

• Carolina helped us by beating Boston in OT. We are now tied with 91 points but we have a game in hand (3 vs 2 remaining). We play Philly and Boston back to back tonight and tomorrow which should decide it. It cannot be stressed enough that we need to beat out Boston for 3rd in the division. That would match us up with TB who has 95 points. The 2nd wildcard team will draw Washington who has 117 points.

Comment

• If we win our next two games in regulation we clinch it. Would be nice to do that and then rest some of our guys in the last game.

Isn't Stamkos out for TB? If so, that helps.

Comment

• Not sure re Stamkos but it's a far better matchup either way. I hate that the Boston game is on the road. It seems like that place is a house of horrors for us.

Comment

• At the ripe old age of 82, Bob Cole is still arguably the best hockey announcer calling the game.

Wow, Bob Cole is still around. I grew up watching HNIC, definitely one of the best - remember him paired with Harry Neale. Still can hear him calling Red Wings " De-troy-it" and "Big Probert"

Wings up 1-0 on Flyers nice hustle by Helm

Comment

• He still sounds pretty good too. He talks a little slower but doesn't suffer from those constant goofs that old announcers usually suffer from.

Comment

Working...
                                X