No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston eliminated first round by a team almost 50 points behind them. FL winning Helps move the Wings first round draft pick, and The Kracken are 2 goals up on Colorado in game 7

Comment

• Hyuuuge upset by Florida! Unbelievable. It’s not far off from 1994 Wings vs Sharks, which is still the biggest upset of the post Norris-Smyth-Patrick-Adams era (IMHO). I don’t feel so bad about the ‘96 Wings not winning the Stanley Cup now too. Bad or at least mediocre goaltending doomed the Bruins. Save percentage dropped from .929 to .896. GAA went from 2.1 to 3.7. (Regular season vs. playoffs). For so many years past, the opposite would typically happen.

The Kraken pulled off another huge upset. Without their leading scorer for the past few games. Both teams from last year's Stanley Cup are gone in the 1st round. I thought that might be a rare occurrence, but it happened in 2019 (Caps and Vegas both failed to make it out of the first round). I watched 4 or 5 games from that Seattle-Colorado series. Colorado just looked off the entire time. Mackinnon had 7 points -- a really good series most years, but it felt like a really quiet 7 points -- he wasn't dominating like last year and skating circles around guys. I don't remember them talking about this during the broadcasts, but it seemed like Colorado missed Landeskog pretty badly (11 goals and +15 in last year's playoffs).

Tonight -- one more Game 7. New Joisey and the Rainjuhs for the Patrick Division championship.
      Last edited by Hannibal; May 1, 2023, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Goals scored per game is 6.29 -- about the same as last season. I expect that to drop in the later rounds since some of the better offensive teams have been KO'ed.

Oilers-Knights should be interesting. Anything with the Oilers will be interesting. Let's hope that by Game 4 the announcers aren't talking about how MacDavid and Draisaitl just can't seem to get on track. Hockey is just a better sport when those guys can do their thing. Draisaitl is ridiculous. He's #2 on the all time playoff PPG list -- second only to The Great One and actually ahead of Lemieux.

Stars-Kraken -- eh. Maybe that will end up being interesting but I'm not sure. Dallas has the leading scorer now (Roope Hintz: 12 points). The Kraken very quietly led the league in 5 on 5 +/-. But damn are they devoid of star power. Their leading scorer is.... Yanni Gourde with one goal and five assists.

Toronto-Florida should be great. The Maple Leafs look like they finally are ready for a deep run and Florida has some great young stars that are hitting their prime. Little Tkachuk is kicking quite a bit of ass so far.

Carolina vs. Joisey/Rangers will probably be boring. But I'd prefer to see the Rangers in that one if I had to choose.
        Last edited by Hannibal; May 1, 2023, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• The Leafs fans will still find ways to get 'em.

Comment

• I'm sure there are plenty of Canadians living in south Florida as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I'm sure there are plenty of Canadians living in south Florida as it is.
                That too.

Comment

• Wonder if a Visa gift card gets around it?
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The are Leafs fan saying the total cost of an airplane ride + Panthers tickets is still less than what tickets in Toronto are going for, heh

Comment

• It’s not far off from 1994 Wings vs Sharks, which is still the biggest upset of the post Norris-Smyth-Patrick-Adams era
                      Since we hadn't won the Cup yet up to that point (in 42 years) it has to be worse for the Detroit fans, even though this is right there as far as an upset - Damn giving up a goal with less than a minute left with Fl goalie pulled and being up 3-1 in the series. Just to lose in OT - Gut Punch

Comment

• I'll never not be pissed about that 1994 choke job.

Comment

• Damn, I just looked at the Boston Bruins salary cap page. Holy crap are they going to lose a ton of guys this off season. Pastrnak is getting a massive raise and Krejci and Bergeron are probably done and their cap hits were tiny this year. Bertuzzi's was tiny too - he's due a big raise.

Comment

• The NHL has both the best and worst playoffs ever. The regular season sort of matters, but the playoffs are so damn wild and the margins so close that even Best of 7s are pretty variable relative to other sports. Entertainment value is through the roof, but it'd have been pretty nice to see Bruins-Leafs. Oh well, suck it BOSTON!!!!
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. It's like when the mighty CBJ fucking SWEPT the Lightning...lol. That would never happen in any other sport.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X