No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot wait...we are going to wreck the shit out of the east. Plus next summer we'll be picking up Suter for the move east with Lidstrom retiring hopefully along with Homer and Bert once we win the cup. Add Smith and Tatar and possibly Dick Axelsson. I'm really exited for hat trick dick (Axelsson) this year, it's not often a guy with more skill than anyone in our system along with size (6'3) falls into a more perfect situation after becoming a star in the SEL. He got signed by a new team because their coach, Ulf Samuelsson, called Dick and said he along with his assistant coaches (Marcus Naslund, Peter Forsberg) would make him ready for the jump to the NHL while Dick leads their team to a championship. I mean sorry for the wall of text but everyone was saying he was a bust and now he could jump right onto the team as one the the top skilled.

Go Wings!
    2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Osgood retires, 400 wins, 3 Cups...stallion. Peace River, Alberta native....cold.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I know there will be much debate but Ozzie should make it to the Hall. I mean they guy took the Isanders to the playoffs. Enough said.

Comment

• Draper has retired:

Comment

• Hate to see him go, but it was time. Good solid journeyman type player.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Best dollar Mr. Illitch ever spent!

Comment

• 4 Cups workhorse, 20 year career in NHL....don't know how he did it.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Drapes is very dedicated to fitness. He's a gym junkie.

Comment

• HOF-er because of the Cups and longevity or no? I'm kind of new to enjoying hockey so I don't really know the criteria.

Comment

• No. He was a grinder and 3rd/4th line guy his whole career and didn't really put up big numbers. What he did provide was outstanding penalty killing. He was one of the faster players in the league during his prime and he was excellent on face-offs. Just a really gritty player who will be missed in the dressing room.

Comment

• Draper was tailor made for Detroit. I don't remember this "history will be made" commercial of his OT winner in Game 2 of the '98 Cup Finals.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzAKRTOWqzM"]‪History Will Be Made - Kris Draper‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Kris Draper's day with the Cup in 2008. Good people.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0znbTenWVAs"]‪Kris Drapers Day With The Stanley Cup‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• If Draper had had a better scoring touch, he could have been a superstar. He was one of the fastest guys in the NHL his entire career.

Comment

• OP, you would appreciate this:

WINDSOR, Ont. -- The return of the NHL to Winnipeg has provided an opportunity for Windsor and Essex County to showcase some of the top young hockey players in the world.
                              Hockey Canada announced today that the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, which was set for Winnipeg from Dec. 28 to Jan. 4, will instead be moved to the (Windsor) area.
                              Thank you mr. betman.

Hockey Canada is the national governing body for hockey in Canada, working with its 13 member branches and local minor hockey associations to grow the game at all levels, including minor hockey and Canada's national teams.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Windsor Star offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Comment

• Excellent George, thanks. What is the capacity of the WFCU Centre? You NEVER want to be in Winnipeg the first week of January, for any reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X