No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gritty, gutsy effort for the good guys tonight; fantastic.

How's Lord Cindy and the '84-'85 Oilers doing?
    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Sweet! We get the HNIC feed for the LA-Vancouver game on NBC Sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by madootra View Post
        The Penguinis played a typical Crosby Cherry-Pick game.........
        Greatest player in the world.... on 100 feet of ice.

Comment

• True dat

Comment

• Mud dumb hillbillies jumping on the OP bandwagon.....

Equating it with "Tebowing" is pretty spot on.

Comment

• Ahhh.... that's much better! A game the Wings know all to well, out shoot the other team, the other team get some lucky bounces and win by a goal. Cindy getting his lunch money taken away by Philly again is the icing. Cindy is in a must win already for the Cup favorites. Not a good night for Bettman :-)

Comment

• Team IKEA outmuscled Team Child Predator. And yes, watching the Pittsburgh Cindy's lose was icing on the cake.

Comment

• Yea, not much of a fight. Mickey was really late calling it, probably because been so long, still good to see Bert make a statement.

President Cup winners Vancouver maybe feeling the effects of playing well into June, down 0-2 to LA.

Comment

• Comment

• On the left is Andrei Kostitsyn pretending to smash Shea Weber's face into the glass during Nashville Predators' practice, a scene captured by a Detroit News photographer. This was after Weber was fined, but not suspended, for grabbing the head … Continue reading →

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Yea, not much of a fight. Mickey was really late calling it, probably because been so long, still good to see Bert make a statement.

President Cup winners Vancouver maybe feeling the effects of playing well into June, down 0-2 to LA.

Random thoughts......Vancouver and Pittsburgh face a serious uphill challenge, must win 4 of the next 5 to take their series. Silver lining? The Bruins lost the first 2 games against Montreal and Vancouver last year and still found a way to win both series, they lost to Montreal on home-ice as well.

If there is anything positive Van/Pitt fans that they can feel optimistic about: As odd as it may seem, the teams that have come back to win a series from a 0-2 deficit, those teams that lost the first two games at home have come back more often to win a series than the teams that have lost the first two games on the road.

Teams that have won the President's Trophy consecutively have gone on to win the Cup in their second year however, Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick recorded 46 saves as the Canucks outshot Los Angeles 48-27 coupled with two short-handed goals broke Vancouver's back. Expect Van to replace Bobby Lou with Corey Schneider for game 3, Luongo has been hungout to dry but Van needs to shake things up if they hope to pushback and force the series to a 6th or 7th game.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 14, 2012, 03:32 PM.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Greatest player in the world.... on 100 feet of ice.
                          I don't know Mike, the perfectly executed stretchpass followed by the brilliant "give-n-go" looked textbook to me and all of 200 feet.

The problem is Malkin's tank is dry after carrying Sid's load while the young captain sat injured over the regular season, not to mention every Pens defensive miscue ends up in their net.

[youtube]3fPZcZg5q2s[/youtube]
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Philly is 17-0 when it leads 2-0 in a series.

Comment

• so they're due to lose?
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I think cindy wins the next game, but lose the series in 6-7

Comment

Working...
                                X