No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville Pradators forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn will miss their second straight game tonight, when the Predators host the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 4 of their Western Conference semifinal series as they try to draw even.

Barry Tortz is sticking with his wining lineup besides, these jokers were late season acquisitions so they are used to playing without them but wonder if adding these guys might actually spark the Preds offense? Redemption can be a powerful motivator.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Interesting move by Trotz. I wonder how Radilov and Kostitsyn are defensively. Coming off a 2-0 win after giving up 9 goals the first two games he apparently wants to stay with what's working.

Comment

• If Nashville goes down 1-3, it's over...never tinker with a winning lineup but I'd be tempted to add their fresh legs into the mix as the Predators have struggled to score goals. Ultimately trade both of these morons in the off-season (package deal) as they will lose several RFA & UFA players anyway.

Rumor: Claude Giroux is hurt and Couturier's cut on his leg may keep him out for game 4, Flyers problems are in net, on defense and oddly on the powerplay...screw NJ!
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 4, 2012, 11:54 AM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Man, I really hate the Devils. It'll suck if Giroux and Couturier can't go.

Comment

• Mike, you hate everyone that does not wear the red and white. ;)

Comment

• and what's wrong with that?
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Hey! The Devils and Coyotes wear red and white (just not THE red and white) and I'm rooting against both of them.

Comment

• Hey, there is black and tan colours in those jerseys as well!

Comment

• Nashville falls 1-0 , Tortz is going to take some heat. They sure looked good against Detroit. Western Final LA v. Phoenix.
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 4, 2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Capitals respond to tie the series at 2 games each with the NYR. Still thinking a LA v. Washington SCF. (why? goaltending as usual).

Comment

• Not that anyone cares.....Oh, wait.......;-)

US beats Canada 5-4 in overtime at hockey worlds

Comment

• Oh Canadia, ...

Comment

• Don't crack the champagne just yet..... although the US did beat Canada, for only the 4th time in 40 years.
                            A tough penalty at the end of regulation led to Jack Johnson's OT-winner as Team USA took it, 5-4. John Tavares flipped the puck out of play with 1 second left in regulation, lucky break for the US.

Long tournament ahead, frankly it is overshadowed by the NHL Playoffs which really fries the Metro Euros anyway.

Little background, the IIHF actually used to schedule the tournament during the NHL regular season, as 1200 of the best hockey players in the world were unable to participate. Canada actually pulled out of membership for ten years , imagine hosting a "World" Tournament when the greatest hockey nation on earth snubs you? The IIHF Metro Euros reluctantly realized the hypocrisy and were eventually forced the to push the tournament back to the at least the first round of the playoffs but frankly most North American guys are too exhausted after 82 regular season games and an early playoff bounce to bother attending. Crosby , Malkin, Nash, Luongo & Lidstrom and others declined the invitation.

Honestly a "World Championship" without the best players on the planet? Should be renamed the "Metro Euro B Series Challenge" sponsored by Ikea.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 6, 2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• I laughed aloud.......and completely agree.

Comment

• LA sweeps St. Louis. Wow. Great goaltending wins again.

Comment

Working...
                                X