No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find myself hoping that Washington gets knocked out this round. This year, they adopted a more stay-at-home defensive system, and the result has been some horrible games to watch (their series with the Rangers was brutal).

Comment

• Well, the Wings are dead.

Losers 4-3 in OT.

Time to rebuild.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Indeed, it is. There's no sugar coating this one. The franchise is going to have some changes coming this off season.

The game tonight was over the instant that San Jose tied it.
        Last edited by Hannibal; May 4, 2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• The Wings have lost two leads in the final minutes of the game. You can't do that and win playoff series.

Comment

• The Wings have the #16 ranked penalty kill in this playoff, last I looked. This has been a big problem ever since Todd McClellan left. We've heard about how the team is trying to address this for three years, but nothing has been done. The PK still sucks donkey balls. It probably cost them the Stanley Cup in '09, and with a decent PK, the Wings are probably down 2 to 1 in this series.
            Last edited by Hannibal; May 5, 2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• In other news, I think Bruce Boudreaux is probably out as coach of the Caps.

Comment

• With a decent penalty kill, the Wings are probably UP 2-1 in this series. 3/4ths of the Sharks goals have been on the power play.

Comment

• On stupid penalties.

Comment

• Or unbelievably unlucky ones, like where Helm lost his balance and ended up high-sticking someone by complete accident.

Comment

• I think that San Jose puts away the Red Wings tonight and goes on to win the Cup. They have copied the Wings' Cup-winning formula, right down to the cheap goaltender who isn't great but makes just enough timely saves to win.

Comment

• GO Cannucks!

Comment

• Hell yes!
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Things have gotten so ridiculous on the face offs that the Wings seem to be sending in their 2nd string faceoff guy on every faceoff so that he can get thrown out and they can have the guy they really want take the faceoff. The refs seem to throw the Wings out of every faceoff.

Comment

• Lidstrom showing he's still one of the best in the game tonight. Most PP goals for a defenseman in playoff history.

Comment

• Whew. Live to fight another day.

Comment

Working...
                                X