No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonzaga would be in that top tier of the Big Ten but they'd have 5-7 losses like all the other best teams in the conference. Except Michigan, of course. Those guys have only lost ONCE in the toughest conference in the country. But I guess Gonzaga can claim we get to dodge St. Mary's and Santa Clara every year.

Comment

• Gonzaga is pretty fucking good.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They are. They might even be the best team in the country but they ain't going 30-0 with a 20 game Big Ten schedule. They lost their charm a long time ago, IMO. I don't care one iota about them beating up on a glorified DII conference.

Comment

• No they wouldn't be undefeated but as the dipshit lawyer said...they are pretty fucking good...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They've won their regular season conference title 22 years in a row. They've made the NCAA tourney 21 straight years. Since 1999 they've made it to the Elite 8 three times and have a single Final Four appearance. I've grown to fucking hate Gonzaga.

Comment

• You hate a lot of things. It is, almost certainly, your only redeeming quality.

Comment

• It's true. I really do.

Comment

• Gonzaga is really f***ing good, but bet I could pick out at least a dozen 1 seeds that were scarier than them. ~ Last 20 years.
                  Example: The Villanova team that beat M in the title game a few years ago. Rather play this Gonzaga team than ending up seeing that Nova team.

Gonzaga beat Iowa by double digits on a neutral court FYI.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Also, that M team is nowhere close to this year's team. That team sort of fell assbackwards into the title game and got what they had coming.

This year's team can actually beat anyone. Including that Villanova team.

Comment

• TBC, I'm not saying that Gonzaga is no good. They certainly are good, and even very good. I think this year, they'd be solidly within the top 5 of the Big Ten.

But, at the same time, I don't really dread a game with them. I think Michigan could handle them.

What really iced the cake for Michigan this year is Mike Smith and Chaundee Brown. Smith not only fills the shoes of Xavier Simpson, but he's probably better overall, especially when it comes to free throws. Brown comes off the bench and can score, he can rebound, and run the floor. Those two, combined with Eli Brooks give Michigan a 3 guard rotation that can compete with any other in the country.

Again, for the first time in ages, I like a Michigan team's chances as they approach the tournament.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Smith is significantly better than Simpson when it comes to shooting. Chaundee not only plays great D, but provides swagger coming off the bench. Home run transfers for M.
                        Before the season began, I was hopeful that ONE of the guards would step up and help Wagner + Livers. Brooks, Smith, and Brown have all been good.

Just put $25 on M to win the title at +450 odds.
                        $5 on Sparty to win the title at +6000.
                        Bring home a championship, one of the Michigan teams!
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'd rather spend the $5 on a Double Deluxe at Halo Burger.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What about $7.99 on 6 wings rated top 35 in Central Nebraska?

Comment

• Western Nebraska ya douchebag
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 2nd time watching Baylor this week. They are quick and athletic but I don’t fear them in the least. I’m tired of the “Gonzaga, Baylor, then everyone else” trope. Fuck them both.

Comment

Working...
                                X