No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are better than Wisky now. Wisky turned out to be a paper tiger.

Comment

• For the NCAAs -- Illinois and M are both mortal locks to 1-seeds. Further, they're both going probably get a favorable 2 (whether it's Houston or Alabama). Iowa is probably a lock as a 2-seed and probably in Baylor's region. Ohio State will either the lowest 2 or highest 3 and playing Gonzaga's region. Purdue is a 4 or 5 and, as such, can't play in the Illinois/M region\, so they'll have to hope for Baylor (despite what Mike's assertions to the contrary, I think Gonzaga is pretty decent). Wisky probably comes in around 6 or 7 and whoever else makes will be 10/11 and unlikely to do much more than get 1 win.

Best case scenario is that Sparty gets the 10 in UAT's region, Sparty pulls off the upset and Alabam"Alum" and the M faithful unite for one two-hour window in their opposition to all things Froot and Sparty.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent,

Penn State is bad. 10-13. I mean they did lose by only 6 to a .500 Seton Hall. And every now and then they beat someone they shouldn’t have, but let’s say they would be 14-9 in the SEC. a 14-9 SEC team has no business in the tourney, either.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Hall was in OT. Their worst loss is to The Wizards.

Comment

• If Eli Brooks doesn't play, we'll be done in the round of 16, at best. We're 0-2 without Eli and those two losses have been ugly.

Comment

• And, to be clear, we're comparing Penn State to the likes of Louisville, Georgia Tech and, yes, Seton Hall. Being good and being one of the final 4 in the tournament are two separate things.

I'm not weeping for the NIttany Fucks or the Chitwoods. However, I do think they are as good or better than the teams currently residing around or on the bubble.

Comment

• Well, one thing we can all agree on: the Final Four will be all BigTen. It’s their year, without doubt.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Best case scenario is that Sparty gets the 10 in UAT's region, Sparty pulls off the upset and Alabam"Alum" and the M faithful unite for one two-hour window in their opposition to all things Froot and Sparty.
                  Your statement seems to indicate that this is a bad thing. I have no problem with Mr. Alum joining us on the right side of things. I welcome him aboard.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Well, one thing we can all agree on: the Final Four will be all BigTen. It’s their year, without doubt.
                    After yesterday, I doubt Michigan will be there. The results of Eli Brooks' MRI will determine a lot. It was a very disappointing outcome. Nobody stepped up when needed, and a team cannot advance in the NCAA's unless others step up when needed. That is the worst MSU team in 20 years, .. and Michigan couldn't handle them. Not a good way to enter the tournament.

I'd say Illinois is a lock, though. They have passed Michigan as being the best team in the conference, and they've opened a gap. They're very good right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Re: MSU

I still remember, and will never forget, the game where Izzo had Cleaves and the 'flintstones' shooting 3-pointers with a 40-point lead and the starters in the game until about 3:00 to go. And even after that, the "subs" were shooting (and making) three's.

I get it. Michigan was horrible. Brian Ellerbe was horrible-er. They would have had a tough time beating Lansing Eastern HS, much less the Spartans. But I've always believed if you want respect, show respect. If you want to receive honor, be honorable. MSU has never aspired to either of those.
                      Was it honorable when your boys were rubbing their ass on the S?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I think Sparty is back to being off bubble.
                        Let's hope so to keep the streak alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Was it honorable when your boys were rubbing their ass on the S?
                          Oh, so you are still here.

When I have someone on ignore I can't see what they're saying unless I'm quoted.

Since you took the time, I'll respond.

I'd say that they probably acted like I'd expect a group of five freshmen to act, when 15K + are riding them due to their ethnicity, their background and their appearance. In fact, I'm surprised they limited their response to wiping their butts on the "S". If that crap were directed toward me in that situation, I'd likely throw punches. Juwan Howard was mocked by "the izzones" because he was a 'baby daddy'. Rose was derided for being at a house where a drug raid took place. Rose was never arrested, and never charged with anything. But 'the izzones' didn't care about that. It was fair game for mockery. Jimmy King, Ray Jackson and Chris Webber were all singled out by 'the izzones' for their character and appearances. Good stuff, right?

MSU has no room whatsoever to demand honorable conduct from anyone at Michigan. The Dantonio era was filled with horrible sportsmanship, and thuggish behaviors, all of which was celebrated by MSU fans. You demand honorable behaviors from Michigan, but you celebrate dishonorable behaviors of your own fans and players. And we haven't even begun to discuss the sexual crimes committed in the name of MSU by "trusted" staff members.

You're lucky MSU's entire athletic program hasn't been hit with the death penalty. Fortunately for MSU fans, you still have a few friends within the NCAA.

Comment

• Can we all just agree that the BigTen is chock full of foul-mouthed and racist pedophiles with boorish manners?

Comment

• It always good to know Lineygobile always has claimed the high ground. Yes the MSU basketball program deserved the death penalty, please do not pay attention to Dr. Robert Anderson!

Comment

• Book it.

7AC02E24-FE23-4427-99A9-9F37756610D7.jpeg
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X