No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tournament atmosphere is different from the regular season. The spectators in the regular season are for one side or the other. There's no neutrality. The venues are home or away. One team knows the building well, and the other does not. In tournaments both teams feel the neutrality of the building. I think a tournament atmosphere gives you more of a real view of how good a team is. MSU/Izzo don't give a crap about the regular season. Their whole season is used to prepare for tournaments. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but that's what they do. So naturally, they are playing better.

I like seeing upsets in the tournaments. It does my heart well to see the experts proven wrong time after time. I love seeing they overly hyped teams go down in flames. Good stuff.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Big ten basketball is bad. It's like all of the coaches saw the Knicks/Heat battles of the 90s and decided that was basketball perfection. The sad part is this is endemic to all of college basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Big ten basketball is bad. It's like all of the coaches saw the Knicks/Heat battles of the 90s and decided that was basketball perfection. The sad part is this is endemic to all of college basketball.
        College basketball is great all season long and the best tournament in all of sports is about to begin.

Unlike that fucking unwatchable regular season NBA bullshit. At least the playoffs are about to start. There may be something watchable there...
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Foster Loyer (ex-Sparty) shit the bed for Davidson. Awful.
          Richmond stealing a spot from a bubble team.
          Could that last team out be M 🤔. Maybe.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

College basketball is great all season long and the best tournament in all of sports is about to begin.

Unlike that fucking unwatchable regular season NBA bullshit. At least the playoffs are about to start. There may be something watchable there...
            That Bucks/Warriors game last night was great. 20 years ago I thought your argument might have more merit but the college game has had a long slow decline, it's just bad quality, no skill.

Comment

• There is a ton of skill in the college game. Where do you think the NBA players come from?

One major advantage of college over the NBA is that it is still a team game and the kids play hard for the entire game every game of the season.

Regular season NBA is nothing more that Y ball with the best players in the world. Not worth the watch.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The YMCA is Georgia must be a hell of basketball hotbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  There is a ton of skill in the college game. Where do you think the NBA players come from?

One major advantage of college over the NBA is that it is still a team game and the kids play hard for the entire game every game of the season.
                  I just watched Iowa beat Purdue. good game; back and forth. All-out effort.

I've never seen pros be so excited at winning a tournament.

Comment

• I agree, it is exhilarating watching Zach Edey lumber up and down the court

Comment

• Edey is fun to watch because of how tall his is compared to most of the competition. He has been a little inconsistent lately. In fact, I prefer more minutes for Williams because he has been incredible recently. Best passing player that plays at the 5 position in college basketball right now. Trevion Williams.

Edey reminds me of watching Tacko Fall at UCF a few years ago. Fall would dominate at times because of how huge he was at UCF. They almost beat Zion’s Duke team if I remember correctly.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Texas A&M was screwed. lol. Resume, NET, Quad 1 record all better than Rutgers, Notre Dame and many others.

Good work, committee.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA:

This is an interesting chart. It shows A&M right on the bubble.

View the 2023-24 %{view} Men's College Basketball power index on ESPN. The BPI is the best predictor of a team's performance of the season.

What needs to be done is to eliminate any team that does not have a SOS under 100 from the tournament. This would incentivize the smaller-school leagues to schedule some games against the Power 5. Check out Colorado State at # 81. It is no wonder UM has a 72% chance of winning. How does a school like this get a tournament berth and TA&M does not.

Comment

• I get it. They had a rough early season. Their BPI is 44th, which isn’t great. Their SOS is 48th, which isn’t great, and their SOR is 37th which, likewise, isn’t great.

Now look at ND who got in as an 11-seed:

ND: BPI of 49, a SOS of 63, and a SOR of 38. Fewer quad 1 wins and a worse NET than the Aggies. Literally worse in every metric.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m not upset. Anything that pisses the TAMU fans makes me giddy.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Don't you think that ND being in is partially because they will draw a larger TV audience? I understand that TV is not supposed to be a factor, but I think they must think that "ties" go in favor of the better TV draw.

Comment

• I don’t think it was a tie, I think TAMU is a better team. And if we’re taking teams because of TV over more deserving ones it’s an issue. But, hey, fuck the Aggies.

Comment

Working...
                                X