No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not many things are worse when your opponent has one of the star players got to the bench and somebody unforseen has the game of their life.

Comment

• So, LSU won and taunted the opponent? Yeah, just completely shocked. As shocked as Capt. Renault when he found out that there was gambling in Rick’s Cafe Americain.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Not surprised to see AA defending his birth kin.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm still in shock over that technical.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            So, LSU won and taunted the opponent? Yeah, just completely shocked. As shocked as Capt. Renault when he found out that there was gambling in Rick’s Cafe Americain.
            And then, of course, all was forgotten when they went thru the 'handshake line'.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
              Classless LSU players taunting Clark. Very classy.

Punks.
              Yeah, what a bunch of shit.

I guess win with class, lose with class is an outdated concept.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I was really looking forward to this game. I didn't give a shit who won; I was just hoping for some more tourney drama, but man what a let down. To have a college national championship game be refed like an 8th grade game just destroyed that game.

They probably had the biggest audience they have ever had for a women's championship game and for those of us who are (very) casual WBB fans, it sure left a sour taste.

They'll never build any kind of significant audience like that, no matter how much ESPN hypes it
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Not many things are worse when your opponent has one of the star players got to the bench and somebody unforseen has the game of their life.
                  Part of the issue was that Clark picked up those two early fouls and really couldn't play defense for the entire game. There were at least three times that she didn't go after a loose ball because of the fear of a foul

Comment

• College refs absolutely love to call offensive fouls. It's a problem when you only have five fouls. Also, in every level of basketball, refs are aware of how many fouls players have. If you are getting a third foul in the first half the foul is going to be a clear foul. They will not call a marginal foul except at the college level.

LSU was the better team, they played a great game, but it was disappointing. Clark is the rising tide in the same way Steph was.

Comment

• There is nothing wrong with calling the offensive foul. It is part of the fucking game. (except for in the unwatchable NBA).

My problem was them calling all of the ticky-tack bullshit early

Calling the T on Clark in that stage of the game was a ridiculous call. It smacked of a power play by the refs
                      Last edited by CGVT; April 2, 2023, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Maybe offensive fouls shouldn't count toward the five...or maybe they could change the rule in hoops to allow a player with 5 to stay in the game but every foul he/she commits is a technical foul shot in addition the whatever free throws are coming...so there is still incentive to not foul incessantly yet let the players play. I've seen too many games decided because of key pieces having to sit...nobody wants to see that shit.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You like offensive fouls more than me. I think when the defender is hand fighting and hand checking, you either call that or you don't. If you don't call that, you sure as hell don't penalize the offensive player for marginal stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            You like offensive fouls more than me. I think when the defender is hand fighting and hand checking, you either call that or you don't. If you don't call that, you sure as hell don't penalize the offensive player for marginal stuff.
                            Yes I do. ;)

And I absolutely agree.

So many of the fouls called today should have been play-on instead of a whistle.

They were fucking terrible.

I'm usually pretty charitable to refs. The have a hard job and generally do a good job. I'll point out some calls that I don't agree with, but overall they have been pretty good during both the men's and women's tourney

Until today.
                            Last edited by CGVT; April 2, 2023, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Maybe offensive fouls shouldn't count toward the five...or maybe they could change the rule in hoops to allow a player with 5 to stay in the game but every foul he/she commits is a technical foul shot in addition the whatever free throws are coming...so there is still incentive to not foul incessantly yet let the players play. I've seen too many games decided because of key pieces having to sit...nobody wants to see that shit.
                              Yep. That's what I do not like about the college game it is too prevalent.

Comment

Maybe offensive fouls shouldn't count toward the five...or maybe they could change the rule in hoops to allow a player with 5 to stay in the game but every foul he/she commits is a technical foul shot in addition the whatever free throws are coming...so there is still incentive to not foul incessantly yet let the players play. I've seen too many games decided because of key pieces having to sit...nobody wants to see that shit.
                                Or, they could just allow 6 fouls like the NBA. Then, if the player stays in the game, every foul they commit after that is two shots and the ball out of bounds. Fouled team keeps posession.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X