B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Or, they could just allow 6 fouls like the NBA. Then, if the player stays in the game, every foul they commit after that is two shots and the ball out of bounds. Fouled team keeps posession.
    Every now and then Wiz posts something to prove he's not an idiot.

I think this would be a good rule.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I doubt they ever go to 6 fouls. The Big East had that experiment and it failed to catch on. I'm pretty sure they don't think it's an issue.

I always harp on the offensive fouls because they are outsized in importance compared to other levels of basketball. Today, Clark was the one everyone tuned into see and she got two offensive fouls. The first one was initiated by the defender by hooking her off arm. The second one looked like a total flop. They showed only one replay and you saw nothing from the angle they showed. The technical was ridiculous. 6 fouls would solve the issue but I doubt they ever go to it.

Part of the NBA's appeal is how they opened up the rules for more scoring and it took away a lot of the influence the refs have. In the 90s and early 2000s it devolved into caveman basketball where the refs had outsized influence.

Comment

• UConn by 10+ tonight, right?

Comment

• Correct. And STFU
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• UConn by 20. Not quite as bad as the UGA-TCU sham but close.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• UConn by 17. Game never really in doubt. Boring.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• SDSU was the TCU of basketball.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nah. UConn beat everybody like that. They were really good. And if they were the TCU of CBB they would lost 110-37.

TCU was not very good.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• UConn's won 5 of the last 25 titles. Good case they're the best program of the 21st century I suppose. Other than that first game against Duke it feels like all their title games were boring, however

Comment

• What's strange is that they really sucked for several years until this season. Since their last title in 2014, they won a total of 1 NCAA tournament games, missed the tourney 5 times, lost in the first round each of the last two seasons. They remind me of the New Jersey Devils back when they were winning Cups. They'd win, miss the playoffs the next season, suck for a few years then out of nowhere win another Cup. Then miss the playoffs the next year...
                      Last edited by Mike; April 4, 2023, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• I don’t understand how UConn does it. Bouncing back and forth between mediocrity to winning titles. The randomness of their last three title winning teams. They weren’t elite in the regular season. Caught fire in the NCAA tourney for whatever reason. Just seems like the odds of this happening is impossible.

2004 UConn is the one that makes sense.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah, fair enough. Ollie got the program in deep trouble in the second half of the 2010's.

They've also gotten a little lucky in their final opponents...SDSU, Butler, Georgia Tech...

Comment

• True. Easier title games.

and yet the Big Ten can’t have a team find that random UConn tourney magic once in the last 22 tournaments. The Big Ten title drought since 2000 MSU.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yep. Michigan drew the #1 overall seed in both the 2013 and 2018 finals.

Comment

• News breaking that 2x National Champion Denny Crum has died. Went to six Final Fours overall

Comment

Working...
                                X