No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25-6 going into B10 tourney (PSU then Wisky), they'll be a 3-seed. Losses are to: Indiana (twice), Ohio Sparty, Wisky & PSU...

I'll judge this team on how well they do in the tourney, they've played pretty much to my expectations this season. Teams that can guard Burke will give this team issues and he's close to unstoppable unless you have someone like Craft or Oladipo who can check, grab and push him without getting a whistle.

Comment

• Srsly, I think two wins in the tournament and they're a 2.

Comment

• IU, M, OSU and MSU are all 3 seeds or better. IU is probably a lock #1 unless they lose to Illinois/Minnesota. I think 1 B10 team gets a 2 -- the team that gets to the CCG and the other 2 get 3s. I think that's fair. I feel reasonably good saying that the B10 has 4 of the top 12 teams in the country.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I guess it depends, but IMO 2 of them should get 2s and frankly why not a 1? Give a #1 to Gonzaga, Duke and Indiana. Sure. After that, who is more deserving than whichever of Michigan, OSU or MSU make the CCG? Assuming that's how it plays out.

That said, a #3 isn't that big a difference. If you're worried about the difference between playing the #15 and the #14, or the #6 and the #7, then get out. Need to beat either of those teams and you're on to play the same team anyways in a #2/#3 matchup. It will be interesting to see who gets screwed being the #3 in Indiana's bracket.
          Last edited by hack; March 11, 2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• First round B1G matchups

#5 Wisconsin v. #12 Penn State (rematch of today's game)
            #6 Iowa v. #11 Northwestern
            #7 Purdue v. #10 BYE
            #8 Illinois v. #9 Minnesota (play-in game?)

Fixed.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It will be interesting to see who gets screwed being the #3 in Indiana's bracket.
              Yeah. Fortunately, I don't think it will be a B10 team. The other 3 B10 teams will be fighting for the West and trying to avoid the East. Though, I think Louisville is, as per usual, peaking. I would also want to miss KU as the 2/3 in my region. Anyone else, I'm fine. So, hopefully KU goes to Indy!

Actually, as I think about it, with the 2 seeds, they don't do the S-curve, they try to place them geographically. So, it's quite possible the 2nd best B10 team will get the #2 in Indy. Just not sure if avoiding a conference #1/#2 trumps geography. If conference trumps, then it seems like KU is probably Indy bound. I dunno.

Either way, three weeks ago if you'd have told me OSU is in the #2/#3 conversation, I would have called you delusional and/or accused of you not watching a single minute of hoops this season.

Comment

• What's the point of wining the B1G Tournament? Will you receive a better or higher ranking for the NCAA Tourney?
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• You know what I have to say about OSU and why it is where it is.

Trying to place geographically is ridiculous at that point, but, well, whatever. Kansas it seems is being set up to be a #1. I'll take that bracket too.

I guess to my way of thinking, Michigan has spent the entire year in the top 8 save for 2 weeks at nine, and just spent the week going 1-1 against top 5 teams. It shouldn't be an uphill climb to be a #2 seed given that. Michigan manhandled K-State, another non-con top 10 team currently. IMO Michigan is a rightful #1 if they make the CCG. But that's just IMO. It's clear that being a #2 seed might actually be an uphill climb for them, which, if you lay out all the factors, is friggin stupid.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9014023/ohio-state-point-guard-aaron-craft-earns-wrath-fans-michigan-espn-magazine

For some reason, I neglected to post this, but it's a great piece on Aaron Craft and, in part, why he is hated.

Comment

• Who?

Comment

• Apparently after OSU beat IU, Crean told Craft to "never disrespect me or my team like that again"........ and he felt the need to find Craft and repeat himself after post game handshakes. More or less confirmed, too. A person there said they still don't know WTF he was talking about -- totally out of the blue.

Can't believe you jackwagons choked that game away.

Comment

• I can't either. I really would hate it if Crean took away my ability to respect Indiana, but the process looks like it's underway...

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Apparently after OSU beat IU, Crean told Craft to "never disrespect me or my team like that again"........ and he felt the need to find Craft and repeat himself after post game handshakes. More or less confirmed, too. A person there said they still don't know WTF he was talking about -- totally out of the blue.

Can't believe you jackwagons choked that game away.
                            What did Craft even do? Any scuttlebutt rumors or anything out there? Not by Indiana fans either, because they are totally delusional.

Comment

• My guess is Craft didn't do anything. There is plenty of evidence surfacing that Crean is a complete a-hole with no class (e.g. fly by handshake with Matta, fly-by handshake with Ryan, and the Meyer incident). Even if Craft did do something (which I don't think he did), Crean is a professional, a head coach and purportedly an adult. Therefore, he should not have any altercation with a college player. Especially an opposing college player.

Comment

• These Army fatigue outfits have put Adidas firmly in the lead for worst jersey maker. Nike needs to step it up to reclaim their throne.

Comment

Working...
                                X