Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy is a great teaching opportunity for young M team.

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I don't see mgoblue.com can't just post videos for the whole game. Just mount a iphone on a tripod.

Comment

• They Piarate tons of M video.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Blessed website. Just wish it was a bit easier to navigate. That said, there's only so much handheld/iPhone video I can take. I wouldn't be able to make it through the whole game I'm sure.

Comment

• Michigan won today 93-53.

Irvin with 18, Chatman with 17 and Doyle with 15 points & 14 boards.
            Last edited by *JD*; August 19, 2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• The Perugia Select Team never stood a chance

Comment

• I'm unclear about this. The prevailing sentiment was that our kids were going to get murdered over there by grown men. Really it looks like they've scheduled two warmup games, a third that will be more challenging today, and then the best team they will face comes last, tomorrow.

With all the usual caveats about pre-pre-preason basketball, what looks nice from the box scores is the balance -- players with 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 points, wow -- and that some of the frosh are finding strengths and putting them out there. Doyle pulled down 15 boards. MAAR got to the line 11 times in one game.

So bittersweet. It's going to be hard to look at this year's team without thinking of what how powerful it could have been with McGary. My prediction is that this year's team does just enough damage to leave you wondering if having McGary would have meant a serious chance at winning the tournament.

Comment

• I don't think that they'll be anywhere near that good. I'll be pleased if they get into the tourney. We are really shorthanded in the paint.

Comment

• Or possibly both last & this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      I don't think that they'll be anywhere near that good. I'll be pleased if they get into the tourney. We are really shorthanded in the paint.
                      That's what I'm saying. The perimeter play is going to be fucking excellent. Walton/Irvin/LeVert is a hell of a trio, nicely balanced in terms of skills, and there's returning players who have both NBA talent and a few years already in Beilein's system. Execution is perhaps going to be better this year than in the last three. One of the kids will emerge nicely as a backup on the wing, and there's Spike. Add 30 minutes of McGary to that, or even 25, and the interior play goes from young and iffy to an elite strength.

Michigan is too well coached miss the tournament, especially in a year in which the league isn't as good as it usually is. Michigan will make the tournament, though this might be a year where it has to beat a higher seed to make the second weekend.

Comment

• That's where I see them as well. Judging from the small sample-size, I am thinking Doyle may be ahead of Donnal already. Physically, he reminds me of Billy Curley or even Kevin McHale. Kind of gangly but with super long arms.

I also have hopes for D.J. Wilson. I like that he's already put on 15 pounds of muscle.

Comment

• The Doyle/Donnal situation is a pretty clear one. Donnal starts the first half; Doyle the second. Doyle is obviously producing raves and you hear much less about Donnal. Comments on mgoblog are telling and not at all surprising.

Ultimately I don't know how we're going to be seeded, as there's really a loose correlation with ranking and whatnot, and there's too much emphasis on what you do in the last two weeks of conference play, but any surprise is going to be to the upside. Beilein is starting to reap the rewards of success.

Comment

• Michigan is blowing out another team. They were up 96-44 after the 3rd quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              The Doyle/Donnal situation is a pretty clear one. Donnal starts the first half; Doyle the second. Doyle is obviously producing raves and you hear much less about Donnal. Comments on mgoblog are telling and not at all surprising.

Ultimately I don't know how we're going to be seeded, as there's really a loose correlation with ranking and whatnot, and there's too much emphasis on what you do in the last two weeks of conference play, but any surprise is going to be to the upside. Beilein is starting to reap the rewards of success.
                              My way too early prediction is that they'll be a 6-seed.

Comment

• Michigan wins 116-52.

Comment

Working...
                                X