Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The analysts still assume/think Izzo is a better coach and will get more out of his players than Beilein. I don't agree, and think his track record at UM in the same time period as Izzo's track record at MSU at worst calls that assumption into question, but I think that's what is at work.

Comment

• When was the last time that Izzo had a dearth of talent like this? Mateen Cleaves's freshman year? This seems to be somewhat uncharted territory for them.

Comment

• It's a pretty mediocre roster but I think the B10 is down for awhile, I think their roster is slightly underrated.

Comment

• The talent gap is massive. Dawson is gonna lots of opportunities for offensive rebounds. Michigan should sweep them again.

Comment

• I think Dawson's a pretty good player, especially on D but they're pretty light on experience at other spots. I guess Valentine is their PG? Winning in EL is always a test but it sure looks to me like Michigan is the better team.

Comment

• Most MSU fans I speak to (I work in Lansing) seem to feel that this is the year that MSU re-establishes itself as the 'big dog' in the Big Ten.

They also seem to think that with Michigan's attrition, they basically have "nothing" returning.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Trice will be their starting PG. Dawson as an AA is laughable. He's a tweener(not that that matters much in CBB) that can't get his own shot. He's basically a hustle guy.

Comment

• Trice still there at PG, I don't like him at all and probably there weak link. Believe Kostello transferred or was that Kaminsky? Either would hurt a lot.

Comment

• Byrd transferred, Kaminsky got kicked off the team. He sucked anyway. You like Kaminsky better than Trice???

Alvin Ellis will probably be their starting 2, he's the weak link.

Comment

• In an all-too-early mock draft, Draft Express has Caris going #18. Dawson is #34.

Comment

• Dawson can make a big impact when there's great players around him, but I don't see the skill needed to be a consistent top 2 or 3 scorer. Trice is fine. The bigs are meh. Basically, it's Trice, Valentine and Dawson. The first two are pretty decent Big Ten role players and Dawson is an excellent role player, but that's a whole 26ppg of firepower returning from last year. They're going to really struggle to score. There's nobody that can penetrate worth a lick and not a ton of three-point shooting. Kaminsky was a decent 3 shooter and he's gone. They have two guards who are three-star/four-star types coming in - a small PG and a wing who seems to be an athlete and not necessarily a shooter/scorer. So basically it's pack the lane and box out Dawson. They will play utterly ferocious defense, because they always do, but also because they won't be able to score very well at all.

They will also, once again, play their best game of the year by a wide margin at home against us. But the talent deficit is stark. Michigan just needs to keep running its offense, not get intimidated, and wait for the inevitable MSU shooting drought in the second half. It'll pull away.

Comment

• Dawson can make a big impact when there's great players around him, but I don't see the skill needed to be a consistent top 2 or 3 scorer. Trice is fine. The bigs are meh. Basically, it's Trice, Valentine and Dawson. The first two are pretty decent Big Ten role players and Dawson is an excellent role player, but that's a whole 26ppg of firepower returning from last year. They're going to really struggle to score. There's nobody that can penetrate worth a lick and not a ton of three-point shooting. Kaminsky was a decent 3 shooter and he's gone. They have two guards who are three-star/four-star types coming in - a small PG and a wing who seems to be an athlete and not necessarily a shooter/scorer. So basically it's pack the lane and box out Dawson. They will play utterly ferocious defense, because they always do, but also because they won't be able to score very well at all.

They will also, once again, play their best game of the year by a wide margin at home against us. But the talent deficit is stark. Michigan just needs to keep running its offense, not get intimidated, and wait for the inevitable MSU shooting drought in the second half. It'll pull away.

Comment

• You can say that again
                            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Here's a whole nother take on the upcoming season. Lots from left field here, I wish I could see the whole thing. How do we have the top PG and top SG, neither one are 1st team All BT, and we finish 6th in the conference. With our schedule.

Lindy’s Sports has Michigan ranked 24th in its preseason college basketball preview magazine, but the Wolverines are picked to finish sixth in the Big Ten. Nine Big Ten teams were included in Lindy’s preseason top 10 including Wisconsin (2), Ohio State (14), Nebraska (19), Minnesota (21), Illinois (22), Michigan (24), Iowa (26), Indiana (28) and […]

Comment

• I mean, I guess if they have 6 teams ranked and 2 others not far off, they're expecting a log jam at 11-7 or 12-6 or something and we finish 6th with tie breakers. Whatever. Lindy's isn't exactly reliable. They do have nice magazines though.

Comment

Working...
                                X