Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is all kinda a bit frustrating, but yeah. The offense isn't doing much and they're still somewhat controlling the game.

Comment

• It's time to stop getting owned on the boards. Sick of that. Beilein has to go out and get a serious shit-kicking 5. It's frightening to think about what this system would be like with a serious player in the middle.

Comment

• It continues.

Comment

• Win or lose, good game. I like to see them in close games in which they are executing poorly and forced to gut them out. Playing through freshman mistakes. As is Oregon mind you but still. I know you don't get to have an offense this good without prioritizing it in practice -- not enough time to be great at everything -- but, man, the goddamn rebounding. It'll improve naturally, but what an amazing thing it would be to pair Beilein's usual perimeter mastery with a serious big who can protect the rim and rebound.

Comment

• That was fucking great by Doyle. Wish somebody would have called the timeout but Doyle was a pretty cool customer right there. Great play.

Comment

• Doyle gets my vote for game MVP.

Comment

• i like this mix. doyle is alleviating some of my fears about our frontcourt depth.

Lavert and Irvin are our entire offense. Thankfully we defend better than we did last season.

Comment

• One thing -- with his ability to keep his dribble alive slow speed and his developing rep as an elite player, LeVert is going to get a ton of calls by March. He should be able to live at the line. Beilein should have him taking extra FTs right now.

Comment

• Good win. Can't wait for tomorrow's game. Great time to see where we area against a legitimate team.

Comment

• Doyle had no defensive rebounds though. Made some good plays, and I love the idea of what he's gonna be. But not there yet.

Comment

• Yeah, Levert even had some unkind bounces that would have been a couple more and-1s.

Comment

• I really think the emphasize the 5 to box his man and have the guards come and board. Didn't see the numbers but I'd bet Levert and Walton had at least 5 boards each.

Comment

• He talked two years ago about how Burke getting the rebound and pushing it was faster than a big outletting to Burke near midcourt. He said he'd timed it out. I don't think Walton's quite as fast, but he's fast enough.

1. I absolutely love the attention to detail inherent there.

2. Doesn't speak to all those times nobody put a body on anyone from Oregon, or those times when Oregon's guys just got after it. No matter who it is that gets the rebound, they've got to do it better.

Comment

• its a team full of inexperience. There are going to be lapses.

this is the best i imagined this team looking this early.

Comment

• It is inexperienced? I hadn't realized.

Comment

Working...
                                X