Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technically, they don't have an open scholarship right now IF they are giving Hatch one and everyone returns.

This is an unofficial listing, this website is in no way connected with the University of Michigan or the Michigan Basketball team.

Also, here's a write-up about Beilein and the block/charge rule:

Dustin Johnston In the final minutes of Michigan’s Sweet Sixteen matchup against Tennessee, the Volunteers cut a once-sizeable Michigan lead into single digits and then finally to a single point. With 10 seconds left in the game, Tennessee inbounded the ball to big man Jarnell Stokes, who faced up Jordan Morgan on the baseline. Stokes […]

Comment

Well, we know Horford isn't returning.

And at best Stauskas is probably 50/50.

I thought Hatch was going to get a non-athletic scholarship, but still be allowed to be a part of the team, like a preferred walk-on.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I meant everyone that's still with them as of today. They were actually one over if they were planning on giving Hatch a basketball scholarship and nobody had left.

Now, they are at 13.

I thought Hatch was going to get a non-athletic scholarship, but still be allowed to be a part of the team, like a preferred walk-on.
        That would be the best case, if they are allowed to do that. I really don't think Hatch is able to play at D-1 level now and may never be. He was only rated around 160th best in his class before the 2nd plane crash.

It would just be awesome if he still has the chance to play at some point.
        Last edited by *JD*; April 11, 2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Hatch was well on his way to being another one of those Beilein early gets that shoot up the rankings. I thought the kid was going to be really really good.

Comment

Well, at least Walton is coming back lol.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

In an interview, Horford has said that he knows Mitch's decision. He is also saying that it wasn't a factor, but if Mitch is staying I have a hard time swallowing that. It sounds from the interview like he thought he was undervalued and he wants more playing time. Academics is clearly not the factor.

Reading between the lines: Mitch is staying.

Comment

Can share source?

Comment

At the root of Jon Horford's decision to transfer was not what potential playing opportunities exist next season, but instead the limited opportunities of years' past.

He does say that Mitch's decision wasn't a factor, but I find that hard to swallow.

Comment

Well, that's all pretty clear. Makes sense to me -- he post touches. OK, then. He's certainly not going to get them at Michigan.

Comment

Mostly because his post game sucks. Where will he get them?

Comment

His post game isn't that bad. I don't think he has great hands, though.

Comment

By the way, the team will be playing in Europe this summer. Teams are allowed to do that every four years. That will be a good opportunity for Chatman and Donnal to get in the flow and for Wilson and Doyle to prove themselves.

Comment

GR3 is to enter draft, replacing his production isn't as difficult as replacing his expected production as I've been projecting a big step up from him. Who replaces that production obviously depends on if McGary returns too... With a McGary return; Donnal, Chatman and Wilson should get a lot of those minutes at the four. Your '14-'15 roster:

*PG: Derrick Walton, Spike Albrecht
                            *SG: Caris LeVert
                            *SF: Zak Irvin/Kameron Chatman
                            *PF: Andrew Donnal, DJ Wilson, Max Bielfeldt
                            *C: Mitch McGary, Ricky Doyle

Counting on a lot on the young players at SF/PF; those positions will determine if this is a B10 contender or a team that just barely makes the tourney. The other spots are good enough imo to pretty much lock up a tourney bid.

Comment

I could see this team being better than last years, Donnal is getting a lot of hype and is the closest thing JB has had yet to what he truly wants from his '4'/PF position.; a guy who can hit an 18 footer but rebound and play down low as well...

At SF, Zak Irvin & Kameron Chatman are attempting to replace Nik Stauskus production. They won't succeed but what will be interesting is how close they can come. Really like the talent level of this position, they are 2 of M's most talented players coming out of high school. Irvin could see a LeVert size improvement in his sophomore season if he figures out how to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket...

M/Beilein is out recruiting both '14 guys who can get out of their scholarship (coach left?) and a couple transfer types, imo JB is looking to replace LeVert after next season imo as much as anything. Losing Booker in recruiting really hurt, I loved Booker's game and he'd have been a perfect fit here. I expect this spring, early summer to be exciting for the class of '15. M needs guards really badly and another Mitch McGary; still the same names: Jalen Brunson, Jalen Coleman, then everybody else.

Comment

Booker would have been great. We'll see on Robinson. These days I'm not trusting any "report". but I agree he is the easiest player to replace.

Comment

Working...
                                X