This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    GR3 is to enter draft, replacing his production isn't as difficult as replacing his expected production as I've been projecting a big step up from him. Who replaces that production obviously depends on if McGary returns too... With a McGary return; Donnal, Chatman and Wilson should get a lot of those minutes at the four. Your '14-'15 roster:

*PG: Derrick Walton, Spike Albrecht
    *SG: Caris LeVert
    *SF: Zak Irvin/Kameron Chatman
    *PF: Andrew Donnal, DJ Wilson, Max Bielfeldt
    *C: Mitch McGary, Ricky Doyle

Counting on a lot on the young players at SF/PF; those positions will determine if this is a B10 contender or a team that just barely makes the tourney. The other spots are good enough imo to pretty much lock up a tourney bid.
    I still really like that lineup. With that said, if McGary leaves, this is a 2009/2011 caliber team at best. Maybe NIT.
    Last edited by Hannibal; April 14, 2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I'm really surprised he's leaving..
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I wish I was surprised, but Ann Arbor is the "You Fucked Up Leaving Too Early" capital of the world, so this is to be expected, by-and-large.

Comment

GR3 was potentially leaving after last season, neither would surprise me. I think he's a coin flip but reading his quotes, he sounds like he wants to leave.

Comment

Definitely need McGary coming back. Be a huge kick in the nuts if he leaves, especially after the scuttlebutt being he's on his way back after Horford leaves. Need him.

Comment

Yup, McGary is a must as M has no depth at C. Horford leaving suddenly is much harder to swallow.

Comment

GRIII has a lot to work on. He wasn't even one of the top players in the conference. Very inconsistent. This is why college basketball reached its peak in the 80s when teams had great players who stayed 3-4 years. But it's his life, and I don't blame anyone for wanting to get paid. Why let the school make all the money?
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

That's a good attitude. Drives me nuts when fans gets livid, spew venom at the player as if they know or should have a say in what's best for them. The way the NBA draft is these days, more often than not the earlier you leave the better. He's done a lot of good for us these last 2 years; wish him nothing but the best. I'll always be a fan. Great kid.

Comment

It would be cringeworthy if he came back and ended up the third option on offense once again.

Comment

Press conference tomorrow. Last year, do I recall correctly that all the stay/go decisions were confirmed at once in a similar deal? If that's the case, there's been nothing re McGary leaving. Hope I'm not fooling myself. I think it's right for Nik and for GR3. And I guess if McGary can get a first-round promise it's right for him too. I'd love to see his version of chaos in the pros. But there's no clear argument either way without that promise, and it's too early for him to get one. And selfishly he's the one I really want back. I really want to see what he can do with a healthy summer of conditioning and drilling.

Comment

There's been stuff out there that McGary is "struggling" with a decision. Not sure what that means for tomorrow.

Comment

Ah. Haven't seen. Still, there's no leak that looks agent-originated. That seems to be the pattern. But if McGary's struggling then Horford's bullshitting? Either way, hopefully it's all cleared up tomorrow.

Comment

OK, so, official for Nik and GR3. Fine. McGary, get off your butt and make a decision already. Stop making Horford look like a liar!

Harris is out at MSU. I don't know about Dawson, and saw a link somewhere saying Sam Dekker might be thinking about leaving? That would suck for Wisky.

Comment

Thought I heard Dekker is returning though not official, Wisconsin should be the best team in the B10.

Comment

So much for the '12 recruiting class carrying M basketball for 3 years as I hoped. Four EE's in two years is difficult for a program isn't recruiting at a level like Duke, Kansas, Arizona, Kentucky or even Ohio State...

M is going to need an impressive '15 class to get the talent level back up there with the top of the B10.

Comment

Working...
                                X