No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Minnesota, Saturday, 10/31, 7pm EDT, ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or the first half. Whichever comes first.

Comment

• This game should start what will likely be a streak of 5 consecutive shutouts.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So you have spoken, so it shall be.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Lamentably so.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lamely so.

Comment

• I'm confident we'll win but would not be surprised if we take the foot off the pedal after establishing a comfortable lead. I really think this year's M version is for real and can compete evenly with just about anybody.

Didn't think this a month ago.

Comment

• I'll be disappointed if the outcome of the game is in doubt in the fourth quarter. The offense isn't good enough for a huge blowout but it should be enough to score in the high 20s with good field position. It seems to be a largely competition invariant bunch.

Comment

• I'm confident we'll win but would not be surprised if we take the foot off the pedal after establishing a comfortable lead
                  This ^^^^

If you want 65-3 scores, then Harbaugh is not your guy. Even when he has teams that are capable of that, he's not going there, unless you've done something to disrespect his team or piss him off.

Jerry Kill is a class act, and Harbaugh has no beef with him. If Harbaugh gets a comfortable lead, and feels the game is under control, he won't keep the foot on the gas. He'll play other guys, and run the clock.

I think the game will probably be closer than most of us want it to be. Minny will want to make a statement for Coach Kill, and I expect them to play inspired ball.

Michigan will be looking to make a statement too. Michigan may have more tools available to make theirs a little firmer.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/JourdanJD/status/659728258678857728[/ame]
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm glad that's what he's saying as of now, that's for sure. Could turn out to be a nightmare of a defense yet again next year. The DL is going to be monstrous, as long as they can put someone decent at the buck spot.

Comment

• I'm less worried about the Buck spot than whoever is starting next to Gedeon.

Comment

• LB will without question be the weak spot. But Gedeon will be solid.

Comment

• Somebody asked up thread, "is there a chance for a shut out." A film review and the Magic Eight Ball says, "signs point to yes."

In summary, this looks like a worse offense than the one Michigan shut out at Maryland, let alone the two functional ones they shut out to either side of the Terp trip. Since it took the ultimate #BigTenRefs for Michigan State (#11 in FEI) just to score 21, and #108 Minnesota is currently one spot below Al Borges's San Jose State Trojans, well…

....... but I'm more of the mind, "ask me again later."

Road games are weird. Players can do strange and unexpected things after an emotional loss and a two week lay-off no matter what they say in interviews.

So, I want to see how M looks on both sides of the ball before I'll even consider a shut-out as a possibility. Multiple three and outs and punts can do bad things to a defense and Rudock and company are eminently capable of doing that.

Film link:

[Hi it's Seth, not Ace. I offered to do this while Ace gets the hoops previews out] Minnesota's offense is bad at offense, the end. Alright, given I chose to review a game in which they got shut out, I admit we're not getting the Gophers at their best. I chose this game anyway because Michigan saw Northwestern the very next week; the next two opponents were Purdue and Nebraska, who are in the Big Eight or wherever. Also because we already had it downloaded. Also because it's a better fit for the other side of the ball where the outcome is more in doubt. Also because this Michigan defense isn't like the Nebraska defense, nor the Purdue defense. It IS kind of like the Northwestern defense, if the Northwestern defense was Batman. Personnel. Me diagram [click for full size]: I noted KJ Maye's jet motion path because they pulled that out a lot. Lauer and Pirsig split time last year at right tackle, but injured T Josh Campion was by far their first option. They tried starting him at RT this game before shutting him down. He's a no-go for Michigan. When he's out Lauer comes in at LT and Pirsig slides back to RT. Spread, Pro-Style, or Hybrid? "Pro Style" for a given definition of that which means something nobody runs in the pros. I mean it's shotgun and runs a lot of zone read, but not at all spread. Brian's going to have fun coming up with UFR formation names for this one. A taste: Yes I can name one recent NFL coach who ran stuff like this. He's back in college now. Basketball on Grass or MANBALL Inside zone mostly, with little bits of power mixed in. Hurry it up or grind it out? Grind to the max. Last year Minnesota experimented with this tempo thing but they've since shelved all but the lining up with >15 seconds. Then they'll shift formations, put a guy in motion, etc. However the Gophers did manage to get off a super-quick snap late in the game to prevent the review official from re-watching a would-be interception on 2nd and long. That not only saved them from a turnover on their own 10, but Northwestern's players were still on the field celebrating and got hit with a too-many-men penalty. #BigTenRefs [Hit THE JUMP for the rest of the wreckening]
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Calling it now, Ruddock completes a 50+ yard td. Just like Vegas...red red red red red red....black.
                              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• They're not gonna stop trying. One of them's gonna hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X