Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think recruiting is adequate. It's not Oden and Conley, but it's fine. Kids haven't lived up to billing.

We can only play man and no doubles outside the paint. And no defense in the backcourt. All about getting kids used to plating half court sets.

Hardest challenge is communication and figuring out what drills work. You have 15s tops for speaking. Gotta move quick from drill to drill and work in your teaching points best you can. Yeah, man, 8 year olds.

That's a great story about your kid.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Best soccer practices were the ones where me and the other coach got there early to set up a have a plan. We basically ran 3 drills the whole year. And still sucked anyways, but yeah - you have 15 seconds then go.

Comment

• I spend an hour planning out the practice. It's my first year so I'm learning on the fly. Figuring out what works and doesn't. I'll coach them next year and be much better. That said, we have a basic inbound play that we've yet to come close to running in 4 games. Once. One time. That's all I want 8 games to get there.

Comment

• A proper Matta disciple knows the importance of the in-bounds play.

Comment

• I don't know what works and what doesn't, and our team just didn't get any better, IMO mostly because of attendance issues. My co-coach would just never be consistent in calling practice times. By November they were at 4pm on account of early sunsets and I was cursing getting involved. If I were running the show myself I'd find the time when all kids can make it, stick to that, and start the kids who show up to practice. But there are constraints there you might not have. Even if you just practice three things the whole season, if you get all the kids to practice those three things, you're going to make a lot of progress I'd think.

Have an identity, I say, and remember: teams take on the personality of their coach. So be correct about things.

Comment

• 100% correct on doing a few things well. It'd a challenge to figure what those are, but once you do you really do see progress. That's fun.

Comment

• “Doubters and naysayers don’t do nothing but motivate us, so as much as we get bashed or whatever you want to call it, it makes us a lot more hungry."

-Derrick Walton

Well then you should be starving then, Derrick.

Hell why not just keep losing so y'all can be extra hungry for the NIT tournament.
                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Easiest portion of our B1G schedule is nearly over...

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                    ?Doubters and naysayers don?t do nothing but motivate us, so as much as we get bashed or whatever you want to call it, it makes us a lot more hungry."

-Derrick Walton

Well then you should be starving then, Derrick.

Hell why not just keep losing so y'all can be extra hungry for the NIT tournament.
                    Yeah, fuck off with that. I know he's got to say it, and he's the only one out there who gave a fuck last game, but blame Beilein. It's his fault.

Comment

• Basically every time Irvin is playing transition defense I think of Martin Short and the SNL synchronized swimming skit. ``I'm not a strong defender.''

Comment

• MAAR channeling same mentality.

Comment

• "Michigan never - EVER - gets a loose ball against Michigan State.''

Thanks, Dakich. Rub it in some more.

Comment

• Good start

Comment

• Backs to the wall, therefore have a pulse. Nice to see. Tournament still seems a pipe dream now, but just get a win against MSU please.

Comment

• Go on, Dakich. Preach on. Good guy. Serious bullshit there.

That said, what a rare, rare time when a Michigan big goes up hard and throws it down like that. That was a joy. Made me think of Chris Webber.

Comment

Working...
                                X