Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what desperation looks like for Lane Kiffin.

Comment

• That's why Froot is bitter. At MSU he must have used new bad-fashioned not-hard work, and being in the wrong place.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        This is what desperation looks like for Lane Kiffin.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...r-lane-kiffin/
        Much, much better piece by Stewart Mandel on Kiffin: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...cid=spartandhp
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Assistants don't last long under Nick, he hasn't changed in that respect. He is like Trump that way along with the obsession with his hair.

Comment

• My Mother in Law lives in Boca Raton

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              That's why Froot is bitter. At MSU he must have used new bad-fashioned not-hard work, and being in the wrong place.

Goddamn. Back on Saban at MSU? Saban took the Michigan State job almost 22 years ago. It was his first major job and he had a grand total of one year experience as a HC when he arrived. That glorious halcyon year at Toledo. I would say he's a better coach now than then.

As far as the wrong place, well, Michgsn State has a fine team, history, and place in college football, but I will say that it is easier to win at Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, and a few other places than East Lansing.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I just like to make fun of Saban, the dude is thin skinned, vain and really grinds his assistants down. It's the opposite of bitter. If you can't make fun of that, what can you make fun of? He's won about 10 titles and any little question sets him off. And he isn't getting tough questions.

He's actually on good terms with MSU, he helps them whenever they ask for his advice.

Comment

• Plaxico Burress: Saban lied to Spartans about leaving

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Assistants don't last long under Nick, he hasn't changed in that respect. He is like Trump that way along with the obsession with his hair.
                    Obsessed.

At Bama, we had Kirby for 8 years or so until he got a head coach job. McElwain for 4 years until he got a HC job, and Kiffin for 3 until he got a HC job (even if it's a shitty job). The two OCs who were "ran off" were Applewhite (1 year) and Nussmeier (2 years). Applewhite took a job at his alma mater, Texas, and Nussy took a lateral to M to be a part of the Hoke braintrust.

I think Applewhite was overwhelmed. He was in his 20's, it was his first bigtime job, and, well, it didn't work out.

Nussmeier and Saban weren't a great fit, but they are reportedly good friends.

Meh. The whole Saban runs off coaches is wildly overstated. More myth than substance. At least at Bama.

SABAN KICKS PUPPIES
                    Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 13, 2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Plaxico Burress: Saban lied to Spartans about leaving

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...aban/30232705/

That makes me want to take my hidden firearm out and shoot people.

Look, you post a nearly two year old article about what someone alleges happened over 17 years ago and I am gonna straight-up go to a nightclub and shoot my own thigh.

Wait, no I won't, but I will not respond to it in a serious fashion.

Comment

• Well that and Michigan State plays it clean. As far as I've learned apparently there was some MeyerSabaning involved in getting Mateen Cleves, but ever since then it's been above board.

Comment

• That makes me want to take my hidden firearm out and shoot people.

Look, you post a nearly two year old article about what someone alleges happened over 17 years ago and I am gonna straight-up go to a nightclub and shoot my own thigh.

That was more directed to Froot Loops post about Saban helping MSU "whenever they want advice". I don't like Plaxico Burress, but he is everywhere as a spokesman for Sparty

Comment

• As far as I've learned apparently there was some MeyerSabaning involved in getting Mateen Cleves, but ever since then it's been above board.
                            Totally irrelevant, i'm guessing AlabamAlum has not even heard of roundball? Yes?

Comment

• True, but he's aware of unsupported rumor as he traffics in it regularly.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

That was more directed to Froot Loops post about Saban helping MSU "whenever they want advice". I don't like Plaxico Burress, but he is everywhere as a spokesman for Sparty

Good for Plaxico. It's still 17-year-old unsubstantiated gossip. And even of it is true, which others on the team have not affirmed, it was 17 years ago. I have no idea what the goal or motivation was with that particular admission by the convicted felon.

Comment

Working...
                                X