Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Ditka

The Dos Equis guy

Chuck Norris

Me
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Saban.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Satan
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Same diff.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• How bad did it hurt when Rich Rodriguez turned you guys down?

Comment

• I was never a huge RRod fan. So, the only 'hurt' was the uncertainty of continuing to search for a coach. We, of course, got Saban a few months later, so the wait was worth it.

Comment

• My sense is that Rodriguez would have dug himself a hole with the Crimson Tide just like he did at M. He may not have had such a hard time with doubters at Alabama that he had at M but his style of play and how he recruits to it would not have gone down well with the Alabama faithful.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Would Bama had made things as difficult as possible even before figuring out who he was? Would they have opened the checkbook and allowed him to bring his own defensive coordinator with him? Apparently with Saban's success in year 2, he didn't inherit near the roster mess RR did at M.

Carr retired with a very good graduating class and left absolutely nothing in the cupboard. I cautioned even before Carr was set to retire, the '08 & beyond seasons were going to be mediocrity without dramatic changes as even the highly regarded recruits Carr was signing, I didn't care for much.

We got dramatic changes, which I was for as I loved RR's offenses at West Virginia. The University however never supported RR and allowed him to surround himself with excellent coordinators, position coaches and facilities. Harbaugh came here (he went to Stanford the same year as RR went to M I believe) and everything Harbaugh asked for, he got. Our athletic department didn't invest in its most profitable asset and is why the Buckeyes have been kicking our ass annually on Saturdays.

Comment

• Saban inherited a mess, plus the culture and work ethic was in the toilet due to Shula.

Yes, we would have supported RRod.

Comment

• Saban inherited some talent that needed a major culture shift in work ethic/winning, unlike RR who inherited little more than nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        Saban inherited some talent that needed a major culture shift in work ethic/winning, unlike RR who inherited little more than nothing.
                        No. That's really not accurate. RRod, imo, inherited much better talent at Michigan than Saban inherited at Alabama.

According to 247:

--The 4 classes at Bama before Saban averaged 27th in the nation.

--The 4 classes at Michigan before RRod averaged 8th in the nation.

Comment

• What Saban did in year two, and winning the NC in year three, is pretty miraculous.

Comment

• As a fan of recruiting, I didn't like Carr's incoming talent anywhere near as much as the recruiting experts. A lot of 4-stars weren't deserving to be 4-stars and were coming to M for the laid back atmosphere that Carr showed in his last few years.

Didn't pay that much attention to Bama so I don't remember it being so bad when Saban was hired.

Comment

• We were not good. Mike Shula was 26-24 at Bama, iirc.

He was 2-14 combined vs LSU, Auburn, Tennessee and Arkansas.

His OOC losses included: Hawaii, Northern Illinois, and Minnesota.

Comment

• Yeah, it was a bad at Bama. I think they lost to Auburn 5 years straight. They were a mess when Saban took over and even lost to LA Monroe(?) in his first year.

I told one of my Alabama fan friends that Mike Shula was turning Bama into a basketball school. He almost cried.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X