Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Mr. "Alum":

It appears that your are about as representative of the Roll Tide fanbase as one gets. That along with your gaudy administrative position, lake houses, Talledega loge and Montgomery suction, makes me think you have the finger on the pulse of the RTR Nation.

(1) Does RTR give a flying fuck about anyone or anything in the B10?
    (2) Which non-conference team would RTR most like to subject to The Nick's War Machine?
    (3) This may be answered in #2, but if it isn't, which non-conference coach would RTR like to see annihilated by The Nick's War Machine: UFM or HARBAUGH!!!!!?
    (4) Which coach does RTR fear more/laugh at less -- Lester or Gus?
    (5) Who is RTR's most detested opposing player? This is probably generational, so I'll also ask most detested opposing player of this millenium?
    (6) More painful loss to Notre Dame? 1973 or 1974?
    (7) How the F did the Gay Bear lose to Missouri in 1975 and Mississippi State in 1980?
    (8 ) Most satisfying win under The Nick? I'm guessing it's either Florida or placeputting LSU for the National Title, but do not feel constrained by my preconceptions.
    (9) Jay Barker or George Teague?
    (10) Will the SEC East ever be good again and, if so, when do expect that to happen?
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. It's really unfortunate that The Nick is doing so well with JUCO kids. I really like their ILB.

Comment

• Heh. Loved the intro.

1: Unlike some other areas of the country, people down here are football fans. There was a fan post on a blog I frequent a few months ago comparing "the two jakes" (Rudock and Coker). So, yes. Serious fans here can detail which teams are classic "Legends" and which are "Leaders". It's not that way in other areas of the country. When my parents lived in NJ, their yard guy was a man called "Buckeye". I asked him if he was a big tOSUc fan. He said "Who?" Turns out he was not nicknamed because of your team and had to be reminded that semi toxic nuts were the "mascot" of Ohio State.

2: Ohio State, ND, Michigan, Stanford, Oregon, Texas, Oklahoma.

3: UFM. We gave him a heart attack before but we need to finish the job.

4: Gus Malzahn is a flash in the pan. Gus took advantage of SEC defenses when we had 270 lb. LBs and 380 lb DTs. Those days are gone and his days are numbered.

5: Cam or JFF.

6: 1973 because I was at that bowl game.

7: Missouri was injuries. Starting QB, LB, and RB went out in the first half. Cost us a NC. Miss State was an abortion of a game. Think Ohio State-Sparty this year. The Bama QB fumbled on the 5 as time expired. Youtube video exists if interested.

8: Tough question. Non con: The NC games over ND, Texas, Clemson or LSU (heh) are up there. In conference, making Tebow cry in the 2009 SEECG, or beating LSU at Tiger Stadium in 2012 are up there. Blocking two kicks against Tennessee in 2009 to snatch victory from the Vols is high, too.

9: I like both. Different positions and all, hard to make a call there.

10: Yes. Tennessee this year is legit. If Florida gets a QB, they'll be okay. And it's just a matter of time before Kirby poaches his way to a good team. The rest are meh or straight-up garbage and will be for a while.
        Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 10, 2016, 09:19 AM.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Last two minutes of the 1980 Miss State game:

[ame]https://youtu.be/UPXzlCasmUg[/ame]
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This still makes me laugh. A Tenneesse fan's reaction to losing to Bama in 2009 as Terrance Cody blocks a FG that would have won the game for the Vols.

[ame]https://youtu.be/WDvLW0JifGs[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              This still makes me laugh. A Tenneesse fan's reaction to losing to Bama in 2009 as Terrance Cody blocks a FG that would have won the game for the Vols.

https://youtu.be/WDvLW0JifGs
              All things considered, that's actually not that bad.

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

• We can top the Volunteers:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxbUqaVoDeQ"]College Football 2015-Craziest Ending To A Football Game You'll Ever See! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Soo painful. Did MSU have a TO?

Comment

• No, but that's mostly irrelevant. They pretty much had to score on that play. It wasn't enough that the punter dropped the ball or that the punter then didn't just fall on it but instead trying to punt it...no, the ill-advised punt had to go directly to a MSU player almost in stride who then had to pick up a convoy of blocks to score while separating his shoulder/breaking his clavicle...something like that.

If the punter just falls on it then MSU is trying a 50 yard FG for the game.

And that is why...along with the most dumbfucked offensive game of UFM's career...OSU got to go beat the bejesus out a Notre Dame team that, e.g., was better than Clemson in the rain in Death Valley and who should have beaten Stanford in Palo Alto but for hilarious "prevent" defense.

It's funny how the misery of the teams I loathe actually conspired against OSU. Damn you, Vishnu!

Comment

• If MSU didnt have a time out, you could let the clock run down further (instead of M calling the TO), then do a victory formation on 4th down. No time for the sparties to line up.

Comment

• And I saw the MSU-Bucknut game. That was a hard one to watch.

Comment

• He was at about the 36 yard line if he just falls on it.

Comment

• They should have direct-snapped it to Jabrill Peppers and then just told the entire team to hold like crazy and tackle all of the defenders. Peppers runs for the first down, it gets called back, and then they run out three more seconds.

Comment

• Basically literally anything other than what actually happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X