Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That average score is funny, though. 30-23? That 42-point performance was killer. Of course, Zeke Elliott is still running.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Urbs bad 2010 team in Tuscaloosa hurts. Though, I guess that Bama team didn't live up to expectations including a disgraceful 2nd half capitulation to Cameron.

Neutral site de facto national title games are a better -- it's actually hard to believe they've played 3 times in that regard.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 2008: Tebow put the team on his back and held the ball for virtually the entire 4th Quarter.

2009: No answer for Trent Richardson, Mark Ingram and Marquis Maze

2010: Wasn't as bad as the score showed. Florida threw a pick 6, and Bama threw a WR pass for a TD.

2014: big plays. Pick six, and Elliott breaking free.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Urbs bad 2010 team in Tuscaloosa hurts. Though, I guess that Bama team didn't live up to expectations including a disgraceful 2nd half capitulation to Cameron.

Neutral site de facto national title games are a better -- it's actually hard to believe they've played 3 times in that regard.

Bama wasn't good that year, either. Iirc, Florida and Bama's total yards were virtually tied. Just huge breakdowns for the Gators.

Comment

• Boxscore from the 2010 game:

Complete team stats and game leaders for the Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Florida Gators NCAAF game from October 2, 2010 on ESPN.

Fla: 4 turnovers, Bama 0

Comment

• And the time of possession is screwed up on that link.

Comment

• Well, either way -- F the Crocs -- mostly I remember the 2010 game being over at halftime. I thought the 2008 and 2009 SECCGs were matchups between the best teams in CFB, by far. Pipe-hitters everywhere on both sides of the ball.

I realize The Nick was stunned by Utah after being Tebow'd, but that doesn't change my assessment.

I think we could see a reprise of 2008-9 in the very near future. UFM, I think, is finally getting OSU's roster up to The Nick's level. They'll struggle a little this year though JTB should calm things a tad. But going forward I expect nothing less than pipe-hitting good! I think he may even occasionally beat HARBAUGH!!!!! and the genius of Don Brown.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Alabam's success this year depends on how well both lines plug the holes. Our schedule lines up poorly, though.

2017 is looking decent, though.

Comment

• And the Utah debacle was several things: Andre Smith being sent home before the game, then losing an o-line starter to injury in the first and third quarters sealed it.

Being down after being Tebowed wasn't really it. Or at least it wasn't the main reason. Those holes in the o-line led to 208 yards of total offense that night.

Comment

• Future neutral site kickoff games for Bama:

2016: USC in Dallas
                      2017: FSU in ATL
                      2018: Louisville in Orlando

Comment

• We also have Fresno State and Colorado State in 2017, but both are in the friendly confines...

Comment

• This is who Bama needs for the 2017 class: http://247sports.com/player/jacoby-stevens-32398

Unfortunately, the Bayou Bunghole Tigers have the lead according to 247.

Comment

• From an Auburn board (have not checked it for accuracy): If you use several recruiting sites (ESPN, Rivals, Scout, and 247), you can make a defensive starting lineup for Bama out of nothing but 5-star players this year.

Comment

• Bama will likely start a true freshman and a RS freshman on the O-line. The true freshman is 5-star Jonah Williams. The RS Frosh is a highly recruited four star from the 2015 class named Brandon Kennedy (who had a great spring and summer). Look for Williams at RT and kennedy at RG.

Complicating matters is Bama has a leftie at QB (5-star Blake Barnett) who will get a lot of PT - which flips the line. So, the newbies have to learn their slants and assignments on the right side of the line and then the mirror of that for when the line is flipped.

Two freshmen on the o-line, no matter how talented, usually equates to trouble. Especially when you throw the above wrinkle in.

Comment

• To show you how depleted the O-line is, look for converted DL Korren Kirven to get a lot of PT, possibly even starting over Kennedy at RG.

Comment

Working...
                                X